Solution to a Problem?

@CRK109 (14403)
Today is a busy day for me and my cat, Ruby. What is lost needs to be found, and I was waiting for a delivery (which has arrived), so now I'm waiting to see if my latest problem has been solved. The photo I've shown you here is my apartment door. Directly across the hall is a neighbor's door (which I will also show down in the comments). She MUST have a cat or two in there. Ever since we moved in here, my cat has been glued to the apartment door. She will hear something, or she will peek out under that door and she'll see someone walking by. Then she will streak through the apartment in terror! She'll hide for a while and then slowly come out and go back to staring at the door. The neighbor has a welcome mat and a cat draft stopper across her door. I assume those are there to help keep her cat(s) calm. I did find that exact draft stopper at amazon.com (so you can get one, if you want), but I thought it would be silly to have the same thing. So, I found a different draft stopper that wraps around the bottom of the door. Mine leaves just a tiny gap on each end of the door, but I'm hoping that as it relaxes a bit, it might stretch. And if it helps my cat as is, I won't even worry about it. So, here's hoping that this solution helps. I know one thing. I often hear the wind howling outside my apartment door and it often makes my door rattle. It sounds like someone is trying to open my door! But as soon as I put the draft stopper on the door, that stopped. So Ruby's problem might not be solved yet, but one of mine sure is! I'm already happy! -Claudia- photo is mine
@AutumnSnow (4583)
we recently moved in an apartment first time we've live in one we've always been in a house. It's taken a lot getting use to it. The people upstairs has like three or four cats and every single morning around 3 - 4 am I can hear those cats running around up there and knocking stuff over my cat goes wild so trying to keep him calm he's normally a gentle,loving, calm kitty until theirs starts in. I keep the tv on low but you can still hear them.
@CRK109 (14403)
Wow that's awful! But yes, 3am is when my cat is very active. She doesn't generally knock anything over but she races around the apartment (and over me in bed!). And now that she knows how to put on my touch lamp, she often wakes me up with that! Apartment living is definitely a huge change from private life in a house, that's for sure. I'm doing my best to adjust but my poor cat is having way more problems than I am. I hope things get better for your cat, too!
@CRK109 (14403)
@CRK109 here is my neighbor's door and why I believe cats live there...
@CRK109 (14403)
@CRK109 here is my neighbor's door and why I think cats live there...
@bunnybon7 (37707)
• Holiday, Florida
cool. more times then not I am disappointed with things I order to help life be easier . glad it worked. are you sure it is not a dog out there?
@CRK109 (14403)
We don't have any dogs on our floor so I know that's a definite. I'm so thrilled because it really seems to have calmed my cat down a lot! She actually snuggled with me the other night for the whole night long! That's a first since we moved in here!
@bunnybon7 (37707)
• Holiday, Florida
@CRK109 that's great but cats usually don't sleep at night much. they generally sleep more during the day I think
She might just take some time getting used to her new home.
@CRK109 (14403)
Well, we're going on three months and she's still as frantic as ever. So I keep hoping to find things to calm her down. She's not a young cat anymore and I hate seeing her so upset.
@MGjhaud (20866)
you did great there. i dont have a gap here in my new apartment and its so quiet when i close the door and windows.
Poor Ruby. It must be awful being scared half the time. Hope the draught stopper helps.
It's good that you have a draft stopper.
@Elizaby (4094)
• Pensacola, Florida
Hope the new door stopper works for you and makes Ruby happy