Stupid doctors!!

By Jen
@polyxena (2577)
Sturgis, Michigan
The doctor's office called me today to alert me that my CT results came in and I do not have a kidney stone, and thought it may have been my "plumbing acting up" which it hurt even before then. I told the nurse that I had been passing blood in my urine, but failed to mention I'm unable to urinate without pushing and struggling to go. So here I am back at square one, in pain peeing blood (when I"m able to pee), and the pain was there since who knows when. At least I have Tramadol until I can figure things out. My numbness has yet to leave which I'm kind of getting used to. I'm not so worried about my hands as I am about my face and my feet going numb. Rayne (my step daughter) is here, playing Costume Quest 2, as the hubby's making peanut butter cookies and I'm trying not to move, mainly because I hurts and I can't feel much anyway. Last night I was pitching to at least 30 or so companies, so I can work on my blogs a bit more and write my reviews and articles. Which of course is really nerve wracking to me, to contact a company and ask if they can send a product, which it's a bout 30% yeses most of the time. It's just fun to try new things and to blog. I'm thinking about doing a couple more pitches today once I reach my goal here. Which leads me to another exciting thing about my my blogging. For my eco friendly blog that I've started a little over a month and a half ago, I was busy pinning my blog entries on Pinterest, and I realized when I went to pin one that someone had already pinned one of my recipes! I was ecstatic, that means people are actually reading my blog and sharing things. I guess it pays off to post-post-post. I had to e-mail Miroworkers today as well, they sent me my pin number for the site isn't working. While it sounds silly that I'd make a big deal over $19, it's $19 that I made. So I'm waiting on them to fix that. It's been an okay day. So how's everyone else doing
Perhaps you have a urinary tract infection. No fun! Best of luck with that and your blog.
@polyxena (2577)
• Sturgis, Michigan
More than likely the one I have won't go away they've tried even the tougher antibiotics and it hasn't left.
@polyxena Yikes! You definitely must see another doctor. That is awful!
@polyxena (2577)
• Sturgis, Michigan
@DianneN I did today I went to the hospital and they said I was fine and they didn't know what was wrong with me. I hadn't peed for a day and a half by the time I went in there because I couldn't and they had no answer to that or why my kidney's hurt.
@Deepizzaguy (11456)
• Lake Charles, Louisiana
You know we are living in a strange world when your doctor makes The Three Stooges performance in the video short "Men In Black" look like geniuses by comparison.
Can I make a suggestion about Tramadol ? If you keep taking this you'll never pee right again in so many words--- seems to be coagulating, closing up the natural flow and blood in urine is a serious condition, WTF is wrong with the stupid nurse or doctor ?
@polyxena (2577)
• Sturgis, Michigan
I don't know, I found it odd that they shrugged it off and allow that. Unless my NP wasn't in the office today, which I would have hoped that they had someone else read her notes.
@polyxena oh nobody really cares when they are working in a hospital or doctors office setting when there is more than one doc and 75 patients that doc is attending to in some fashion-- I learned that when I worked for 5 specialty doctors and each had about 150 patients being treated in just three calendar months, they never chit chatted between each other help one another -- it was always somebody else's responsibility-- that is one reason I quit after 11 years
@polyxena (2577)
• Sturgis, Michigan
@enlightenedpsych2 Ugh! That figures. All the doctors around the area under the same medical group, so this should be fun. You'd think living next door to a hospital I'd have more than 2 options.
That is so cool that you actually contact the companies and some send you things to review! I get things from crowdtap, bzzagent, influenster and sometimes with surveys I do. I never thought you contact companies that is really a neat idea. What site do you use to write your blogs on? I use blogger. I am so sorry to hear about your issues with the doctor. Ok so you might not have a kidney stone... but it sounds like you could have a very bad urinary tract infection... which can lead to a stone. I have struggled a lot with issues you are having so I can imagine some of the pain you are in and the frustration with the doctors. They should be checking your urine at the lab by running cultures. A lot of times I had utis and it wouldn't show up in a regular dip test they had to send it to a lab to run cultures and then it would show up. I battled with that through my entire pregnancy with my daughter. I had to tell them every darn time to run cultures or nothing would show up.
@polyxena (2577)
• Sturgis, Michigan
I use blogger as well, and yeah I had no clue that sites actually did that either until someone on my faceook got something from I think Suave or something like that and it got me thinking about how I could help companies.
@polyxena And how the companies could help you! Do they send you full size products to try? When I was young and companies would send me samples it would just be a one time use amount of shampoo etc. i like to be able to use things a few times to get a good idea of how I feel about it.
@polyxena (2577)
• Sturgis, Michigan
@shaggin It depends on the company. Sometimes I'm given coupons like today I was sent coupons for Saffron Road's foods (I can't wait to get to the store), while some send samples others do send full sized. The more interesting review/pitch I did was to Redmond (the salt people)I had no clue they had toothpaste, hand soap and other stuff and ended up sending me a little bit of everything. I think I ended up with a face mask, 2 clay tooth paste, bath salt, hand & body soap, seasoning salt, garlic salt, sea salt and something else. Either way it's more of the numbers game/the blog quality. My blog still doesn't get a lot of traffic, but I guess they enjoy my quality or something (I have no clue). It depends on the companies, and their resources I assume.
You should look for a different doctor or possibly there could even be natural ways to heal it, but I don't know, that's the root I always try first.
@polyxena (2577)
• Sturgis, Michigan
Well I'd use natural ways if I knew what was hurting me
@polyxena True I guess it's hard to know what to try if your not sure what it is. I pray it stops.
@polyxena (2577)
• Sturgis, Michigan
@TRBRocks420 THat's the only thing I can do I guess.
So sorry that you are in pain. I hope you can get to the bottom of it.
@polyxena (2577)
• Sturgis, Michigan
I hope so too the doctors here are just strange though. I was expecting the nurse to do something after I told her I was happy that it wasn't a stone but that doesn't answer to why I'm peeing blood or unable to pee at times. she said she'd let my NP know and it's been two days since I've heard anything.
@sofssu (14481)
Now this is a serious problem. I had a similar problem once and they found a tiny cyst t in my urinary tract took it out did a biopsy all in a few hours of going to the hospital. I really think you should look for another doctor. Take care. Try not to work too hard.
@polyxena (2577)
• Sturgis, Michigan
I probably should, but there really aren't many doctors in the area.
@bunnybon7 (35533)
• Holiday, Florida
that is terrible that is happening to you. I know doctors just don't help much these days. make it sound like you don't have a problem when you know you do. it is the same with me. everything comes back not bad but you know something is terrible wrong.
@polyxena (2577)
• Sturgis, Michigan
Exactly. I keep telling them I've been having this problem for the past few months. My other doctor was fantastic before she quit. She actually listened to me, now the NP here is just pathetic
get a differenty doctor as it sounds like a bad kidney infection that antbiotics could cure also have them check your blood pressure as that could ca use numbness if its t oo l;ow. just some ideas.
@polyxena (2577)
• Sturgis, Michigan
They were testing for some auto immune disorders because of the numbness, and everytime I've felt numb i've used my blood pressure cuff and it's been oddly very normal (and my blood pressure most of the time is low)
It's going on 8 pm here. I been doing well today for a change. I am listening to spanish lessons.
@polyxena (2577)
• Sturgis, Michigan
Spanish lessons sound like fun
@irishidid (8521)
I would be looking for a different doctor if this one isn't taking you seriously. Sounds like an infection to me.
@polyxena (2577)
• Sturgis, Michigan
It's hard to find a different doctor there are none in the area, and they're all under the same practice,most of the doctors.
You'd think there would be some sense of urgency on the doctor's part since you still have your symptoms and the CT scan didn't show anything.
@polyxena (2577)
• Sturgis, Michigan
I would have assumed so. But she just explained it as to the fact that I'm stopped up, which is not the case. I mean I have been in the past, but I know my body better than that, and I know that's not the pain I'm experiencing. The nurse said she'd rely the message about not being able to pee to my NP and that was all I heard from her. I find it very aggravating. I hate medicating myself with pain killers, I'd prefer an answer to my problem.