The Whirling Dervishes Fridge magnet

Whirling Dervishes
@Inlemay (17031)
South Africa
Barry is returning from Turkey today, and after his well deserved holiday, he will be planning another holiday to recover from this fantastic break-a-way. @Asylum I hope that no unexpected Hospital appointments get between him and the jet-setting . . . I give to you the whirling dervishes in which the Surfi's twirl and whirl in rhythmic meditation as part of their worship. I am so pleased that I chose one of them as my magnet for my collection at home. I believe that a collector of fridge magnets is called a "memomagnetist"
It's a wonder that your fridge door doesn't fall off with all those magnets on it. The whirling dervish looks great.
@Inlemay (17031)
• South Africa
I am about to show you my fridge door in my next post
@Asylum (48106)
• Manchester, England
That is one of the few collector terms that I was not aware of. I have an appointment next Wednesday 22nd June and the EU vote is on Thursday, so hopefully I may have some free time from then. It seems a long away, but I shall be patient.
@Inlemay (17031)
• South Africa
you can meander the UK and look for some UK postcards or photos to show us - or just put your feet up and wait for life to happen
@Asylum (48106)
• Manchester, England
@Inlemay There are possibly many local places to me that would constitute scenic.
I must be a memomagnetist too as I have quite a collection of fridge magnets. They fit in a full suitcase easily and aren't usually expensive.
@Inlemay (17031)
• South Africa
they are my favorite to look for when traveling, but i must say some are made quite shoddy - I like a good well made magnet
Ooooh I love this one! I would love to buy it myself! It must be nice to have a collection that each has a travel story behind it to reminisce on...
@Inlemay (17031)
• South Africa
thank you - I love your avatar - where do you get them?
@Inlemay (17031)
• South Africa
@esotericme well its cute - thanks for letting me know where you got it
@Inlemay (17031)
• South Africa
@esotericme a new look - are you gonna change it every hour?
magnets are a fun thing to collect!
@Inlemay (17031)
• South Africa
My friend in Belgium has two steel cabinets full - I only have wood in my kitchen so the fridge will have to do - the local ones I keep at the bottom for the grand-kids to play with - they love them
@Inlemay perhaps you could add a magnet board somewhere?
@Inlemay (17031)
• South Africa
@Jessicalynnt - No, I think there is still room for a few more, like 20, I will just move them around to fit in
@Marcyaz (36019)
I have a few magnets on my fridge but nothing like yours. lol So Barry goes on Holiday comes back and needs to go on another Holiday to rest up from the last one.
@Inlemay (17031)
• South Africa
every time
@Marcyaz (36019)
@Inlemay . really hot quaint
I was going to say that I thought he has an appointment on the 22nd, but I see that he already confirmed. The whirling dervishes are incredible.
@Inlemay (17031)
• South Africa
yes but after which he is looking for another break-a-way and why not , if you can - do it
I also have a magnet collection. It wasn't intentional. People kept buying them for mei am rather fond of them now.
@Inlemay (17031)
• South Africa
I am very fond of my own collection too
@annierose (17419)
I can say that I am a "memomagnetist" too. I loved to collect fridge magnets from those places I visited. It makes me happy seeing those magnets displayed on our refrigerator and I am looking forward for more magnets on other countries as well.