Alternate Rain Songs: #7 "Rhythm of the Rain" The Cascades (1963)

Los Angeles, California
I am reaching back to a golden oldie of the 60s. The Cascades' lead singer John Claude Gummoe wrote "Rhythm of the Rain" while serving in the Navy and standing watch during a storm. The song employs the use of an antique instrument called a celesta and among the session musicians on the recording is Glen Campbell. The title track of their debut album, "Rhythm in the Rain" was a big hit reaching #3 effectively making the Cascades a one hit wonder. "Listen to the rhythm of the falling rain telling me what a fool I've been" The guy is lamenting over his stupidity in losing the girl he loves. She has moved on and taken his heart. The falling rain reminds of his mistakes and he wants it to go away so he can cry in peace.
The Cascades Rhythm of the Rain, written by John Claude Gummoe
This was one of the first records I ever bought - I still love the song.
This is a sad song for me John..memories but hey it is excellent!
you got me again on this.Never heard but the music there I enjoyed it.Thanks.Fredo
I would have thought you knew this oldie.
@norcal (3215)
• Nevada City, California
It is funny how often songs about rain and stormy weather are also about lost love.
We used to do classic weekends, this one got played almost every weekend.