Pop Up Thunderstorm

@Elizaby (3066)
Pensacola, Florida
It is that time of year thanks to the high humility here along the coastline of Florida that we are now experiencing a thunderstorm. It is always interesting to watch as dark gray clouds begin to form in the distance (or sometimes right over head) getting darker and darker as they begin to move and you hear the first rolls of the thunder as it builds and builds til you see the lightning flashes and the clouds release the rain from the moisture it was pulling in from the humility. The hot temps drop slightly as the rain falls to the ground making many happy as it will be one less day of having to water the grass and plants, Now in the distance you can see the sky begin to clear as in this case the breezes is moving the storm south east overhead. Soon the rain will stop and the sun will shine again and off the sidewalk especially you will see steam begin to arise as the sky will once again begin to reclaim the moisture and form clouds again . Typical summer day here as now the frogs from the storm retention pond out back are croaking up a storm in hopes more rain will fall and it might as I just heard a new round of thunder.
I love the life I had in Florida and often wish to go back. I just don't miss that hot sun beaming on my head. I was dark I could not take it.
It's great in the winter!
@Elizaby (3066)
• Pensacola, Florida
@DianneN That is true, but I am used to year round
I can't imagine living in that much humidity. The rain must be nice though for a short while.
@Elizaby (3066)
• Pensacola, Florida
To water the grass and plants yes, but after the rain and the sun comes back out it becomes quite steamy and sticky
@Elizaby We had an interesting weather day. We started out wet, got dry and then this evening was the light and sound show along with the wet. Makes me wonder what tomorrow will be - wet or dry or both.
@Elizaby (3066)
• Pensacola, Florida
@just4him They are predicting another day like today with the high chance of pop up thunderstorms before we expect a high advisory weekend with heat indexes aboue 105 degrees for a long portion of the day
I've always loved the thunderstorms in Florida. They are so different from the ones we get in Connecticut.
@Elizaby (3066)
• Pensacola, Florida
That they are and even more so in summer when they can come out of nowhere
@Elizaby They came out of nowhere when we were down there, even on vacations. Some we saw coming. Crazy!
I think it is quite exciting to see a thunderstorm build up in this way as you watch. Mostly ours are very slow to get them underway and there isn't the same feeling of anticipation.
I remember the Florida weather very well and experienced it when I visited last year
So far, everytime they have called for thunderstorms here, they have missed us.
In our Chicago suburb, we had a pop-up thunderstorm too. Heavy rain but so light outside, very strange. More on the way. Things are growing like crazy here. Hard to keep up with all the gardening and lawn cutting.