Side View of Our Yard

Thought I would post a few pics here and there of our yard before we move to our new place. The covered bridge bird feeder was a gift from a former client. I have had it for about 8 years now. In the garden bed there are irises that hadn't come into bloom and spearmint. I planted some cutting flowers at the base of the feeder. Hopefully I can dig them up and transplant them when we move.
That's a nice little bird feeder. Will you take it with you?
Yes, that goes with us. It belonged to a dear client. She loved that feeder and wanted me to have it to remember her by.
@ElusiveButterfly That's good. Some things have too much sentimental value to leave behind.
@JudyEv thankfully my husband likes the little bird feeder as well. He is pushing for me to downsize my collection. I am determined to do it as well. But, there are some things that just can't be left behind.
It looks lovely - will you have a similar yard in the new place?
It will be a smaller yard. I believe I will place the flag on the porch post. My perennials will have to be placed in beds that aren't as big as what I have now. Told one of my friends I would share my irises with her. They overpopulated the garden bed this year.
@ElusiveButterfly Irises have a tendency to do that, don't they? They are easy enough to split up.
@jaboUK I am going to bring some to my sister as well. It will be a surprise to her as well as the hostas that I plan on placing in her front garden.
What a wonderful flag and it looks like a very nice area. Hope you are able to take the flowers with you.
I am going to dig up all of my perennials and transfer them this week. I have to prepare the bed at the next place so I can put the directly into the ground. Hoping to get some rich soil to add to the bed before they are placed there too.
@ElusiveButterfly Sounds like you have it all well planned out!
@Susan2015 There are a few places where I can put my treasured perennials. I hope they adjust well.
vert nice there.So happy to see a flag in people yard.This tell me something
I had wanted to hang a flag for so long. Found one that was reasonably priced and it was made in the USA so it was a win win situation.
@ElusiveButterfly good for you there.
The irises put on such a lovely display!
I am posting a pic of the irises that my dear lady let me have. They are so lovely.
@ElusiveButterfly Such a wonderful sight to see each day!
I hope you are able to move everything you want to move!
I know that I can do with a lot less.
Will your new yard have nice space like this for flowers?
There isn't as much space. I hope to bring some of the hostas to put on the side where there is more shade. This will add a nice touch to the drab siding.
My bird feeder right now...went out to snap a photo and of course, the squirrels are trying to eat everything again.
Dang squirrels. We live near a wooded area right now. Hubby said they squirrels are in the woods. We never see them near the feeders.
Very well mowed yard and, I love the flag and, bird feeder.
Hubby takes pride in the care of our lawn. We have a riding lawn mower, but won't need it at our next place. We will be looking for a push mower.
I like your flag out for flag day! Nice Touch!
We have had the flag out since we put it up last year in the late spring.
Why are you moving out of there. If it's not too nosy of me to ask..
We bought my husband's mother's trailer. Will be moving by the end of next month. Need to figure out where to put my plants and lawn decorations. The place is smaller than what we now have.