Encouragement TV

It's easy to get depressed: watch the news, search Twitter or Facebook, and you'll find terrible things that make you want to get back in bed and cover your eyes. I like to see positive things, and on television that can be hard to find. A couple of years ago I started watching American Ninja Warrior, and now I've started watching a new show, Spartan:Ultimate Team Challenge. They both make me feel good when I'm done watching them. Even though it's person against person, contestants on Ninja Warrior encourage each other, and truly appear happy when others succeed. The stories they do on some of the contestants are amazing: a contestant with just one leg, a contestant with MS who wants to raise awareness and encourage other MS sufferers. And what the women can do on the course is incredible! Those obstacles are built for men, yet a lot of women can compete with the best of them. The Spartan race show is people working in teams, and it's inspiring to see people dog tired, yet carry (sometimes literally) their teammates to victory. If you want to see some positivity, Monday night's on NBC will do it. They air back to back. I record them if I can't watch them, which means I usually record and watch it later.
@mom210 (6761)
• Atlanta, Georgia
I feel the same way, I have recorded both those shows but have not watched them yet. I am amazed at what we can force our bodies to do when we work at it. Those people are in great health.
It's inspiring.
@mom210 (6761)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@AmbiePam especially since I am focusing more and more on my health.
@EddieHands (37845)
I agree I love watching fun and postive things on youtube! Like prank videos, and cartoons. Also cooking shows.. meow!
Have you ever seen The Great British Baking Show? It's on PBS here, and is an unexpected delight.
@EddieHands (37845)
@AmbiePam I have not seen it, but ti sounds like a great show! I like PBS
I'm glad you found shows on tv to enjoy. This time of year, nothing worth watching is on. We usually watch movies we haven't seen, or go out with friends a lot.
I DVR them and usually watch them when I can't sleep. Which isn't a good idea because they wake me up.
@AmbiePam True! Lol!
I have never watched these but I may give them a try.
A couple episodes air tonight.
American Ninja Warrior is one we try to watch every week.
@Macarrosel (7572)
I'm always positive in life. Even during hard times. I just think and believe that everything happens for a good reason.
THat's a good formula for life.
@puddleglum (1418)
I haven't seen the Spartan show. It sounds interesting. I may see if NBC shows it online after the first airing. I don't have traditional tv, so I always watch network stuff online.
I used to do that too.
@lilnana1111 (2341)
I just saw a commercial tonight for that show, and it does look good.
I rarely watch tv even though last night I watched the original Parent Trap and stayed up longer than I had planned on. As for negative stuff on Facebook, I get a mix of both negative and positive. For example, I shared a memory yesterday from 2 years ago that was so funny, I watched it many times, it was a stress reliever.
@Lucky15 (33384)
I watch this show--documentaries...it is depressing to see other people's situation but felt blessed at the same time and somehow ot made me appreciate what i have
There are some really good shows on TV and of course some really bad shows. I Watch American Ninja warrior every week it is a good show.
@CRK109 (14465)
Now that summer is just about here, I'm waiting for Big Brother to start up again. That show usually keeps me laughing and very entertained. I always forget my problems while it's on. I can't wait to see what kind of wacky cast they've put together for this summer!
@gr8nana6 (2194)
@AmbiePam I'm glad you found some shows to watch that you like.
@salonga (28016)
There are tv shows that inspire, but they are not too many. I'm glad you find a good one to watch.
We watch so little television here, we always watch the news, usually in the mornings together, but after that the television is shut off during this time of the year because we are outside more then not.
That sounds like a lovely show; I will try to catch it sometime. The problem with encouragement television however, is that it might come across as fake or cheesy.
I totally know what you mean.. media is all bad news. I like to look through old pictures of the good times when I am feeling down.
@marsha32 (6693)
I don't think I would care for those shows too much. Did you see Joel Olsteen on Dr Phil today? I normally don't care for Joel but he had some great advice today based on his new book I Am.