The untold love story

Google image
I saw an elderly couple walking down the road holding each other. I couldn’t help admiring them despite their old age they somehow displayed affection for each other. And I couldn’t help thinking, “What is their love story anyway?” There are three versions I could think of. First version: They were childhood lovers who pursue to love each other despite the disapproval of their parents. Well, that Romeo and Juliet love kind of thing. And they vowed to love and respect each other for the rest of their lives. Second version: They say, “First love never dies.” They were childhood sweethearts but for some reason, they broke up. Many years after, they accidentally bumped into each other. Found out that they had failed marriages and they still love each other after all this time. Love is sweeter the second time around. Third version: Maybe they just met a few days ago and fell in love. Oh well, whatever their love story is… sure to be envied by all. Sigh. Photo: Google images
Indeed , when i see very old couples who still are holding hands and sweet with one another , i say a prayer that my husband and i be like that even at that age .
The two of you will grow old together... still in love with each other. I can see it in my crystal ball. Kidding aside, I believe if you just continue igniting your love with each other then you will be together till the very end.
@rachz_kisses Yes, i believe so too .
@Chungshop (2365)
@SIMPLYD I wish you all the best, just keep your smile in heart.
I've been married for 51 years and none of your versions fit us. We met when I was 23 and he was 32, married a couple of years later and have never stopped loving each other. Love doesn't finish just because you get old, and yes sometimes we still hold hands walking along.
Aww. That is so sweet and yours is true love. Thank you for sharing your story.
@rachz_kisses You are welcome.
@Chungshop (2365)
Very touching story.
@sunrisefan (19135)
You'll make a good movie story writer, my friend, hehehe! I'm keeping a tab on you when I have a movie production company
Hahaha! It's what I usually do when I'm watching people passing by. I always wonder what's the story behind their lives. I'm always curious. I'm not even sure if its good or bad.
@sunrisefan (19135)
@rachz_kisses But you have good imagination LOL! BTW how was your accident?
@sunrisefan It was minor actually. Yesterday, I went to a grocery store to buy something. When I'm done and was about to leave the parking area, someone bump into my rear end. I look up at the rear mirror and it was a car. We both got out and checked the damages. Mine got scratches on the rear and his bumper got dented. We talked. My car is insured and his car was not. By looking at the damages, mine was just minor comparing to his. Crazy as it may sound, I let him go without demanding anything. So, I filed an accident report at the Police's station traffic division, went to my insurance and had the damage estimated. I went all these trouble due to someone's negligence. All has been taken cared of now. But I lost my precious time that was supposed to be spent at myLot.
@Lucky15 (33719)
Oh.. surely envious;)
I know right.
@Lucky15 (33719)
@rachz_kisses haha. You know
@Lucky15 hahaha Of course I know...
@VivaLaDani13 (21556)
• Perth, Australia
@rachz_kisses Sometimes I get like that lol Like I will see people and wonder what their story is.
And it's entertaining, right?
• Perth, Australia
@rachz_kisses Sure is!
@acelawrites (12227)
They are really so sweet! It is what they called "forever!"
Yes. "Forever" do exists. At least in their love story.
@acelawrites (12227)
@rachz_kisses very inspiring!
@acelawrites I know. They are lucky to have each other.
It's a sad fate that I'm not going to be growing old with some one in my life. I envy that generation of theirs.
@miniam (9233)
• Bern, Switzerland
@Letranknight2015 why not re-marry? l was single 7 years and i was convinced i was so happy and contented single.Since re.-marrying 2 years ago, l keep thinking l lost 7 years, i realize l was lonely without even knowing it. Having said that,l met the love of my life, my first marriage was not the love of my life.
@miniam Really? Good for you. 7 years was not really a waste because you have found your true love in the end.
@Letranknight2015 May I know why?...
@Yar_Joey (3296)
Love comes from the most unexpected places
You're right, my friend.
It is a lovely sight to see when a couple is up in years and still care deeply for each other.
I know.
@miniam (9233)
• Bern, Switzerland
Older generation never display affection in public and l do find they should,they have been together long thru thick and thin and know they are together for better or worse. When you see 15-year-olds trying to *eat* each other on buses or on the street,you think it could never end,a few months later,they have moved on to someone new.
True. Very well said.
@Chungshop (2365)
Indeed very hard to see. Some of them their partners had gone and living alone.