Quilting,..... Anyone still do the old fashion quilting

@shooie (4986)
I like to do small projects of quilting by hand.
@craftwave (1338)
I do quilting the old fashioned way. I also make tie quilts as well. My father-in-law made me a quilting frame years ago when I first got marrried.
@shooie (4986)
I have done the tie quilts and can remember standing in the garage with my mom and doing the ties. she had the frame hanging from the rafters. She would pull it up and down when wanting to work on a quilt. With us girls helping she got a lot done. I still have many of those quilts. A sweet reminder of my mom and the fun we had. Thanks for responding
@shooie (4986)
cool. My mom had all of us kids one made and I won't use it because well I don't want it to get messed up. Crazy huh.
@craftwave (1338)
No I understand. When I was quilting my quilt top one of my little ones laid a permanent marker on top of it without the cap on. My full sized quilt became a twin size.
@scooter1024 (1243)
If I had more time on my hands I would love to do some quilting. I think the old fashioned quilts are so pretty. They also have love involved in them. Before my mother-in-law passed away she quilted quilts for all her grandkids. They were very pretty and she did do them all by hand.
@shooie (4986)
Quilting - A lost art and a labor of love
I agree with you and about the love involved in them. I also think it is a work of art.
@what_now (554)
would you make me something? as you can see I have nothing to wear lol,
@shooie (4986)
oh thought you were wearing your birthday suit...lol
What kind of small projects do you do? Since I am currently separated from my sewing machine, I miss quilting.
@shooie (4986)
I like to do pillows and have done a couple pot holders....guess I'm to lazy to do a quilt...lol
@sunsham68 (1378)
I always had a fancy for quilting, but never got around to it! its on my list of 101 things to do before I die though!
@shooie (4986)
hope you get to do it. it's pretty fun if it isn't a huge project...thanks for responding
@SanDslnrs (269)
no quilting,have tried making small quilts in the past. I do knitting and crocheting sometimes. I enjoy crafting.
@shooie (4986)
I like to crochet as well and just about any kind of craft project. Right now my big thing is beading