Friends in Need

@CRK109 (14435)
I mentioned a while back that I was going to begin inviting different friends to come here for a visit. A couple of friends are away right now and as soon as they return, they've said they want to come for a visit, probably on a weekend afternoon. I can't wait and I'm already planning things I'm going to make for us to munch while they're here. Another friend got my message and then seemed to ignore me for more than a week. I couldn't imagine what was going on. And then she came back and messaged that her nephew had suddenly died of a heroin overdose and that's why she wasn't around. The funeral is this weekend so she's hoping to come and visit next week. I've been saying prayers for a lot of dear friends who are experiencing losses in their lives, or health problems or problems with the health of family members. My prayer list hadn't been touched in so long and then suddenly, it jumped to a new number. It's such a sad time for so many. So, I've been praying for them and thanking God for all that I have. I can finally say that I'm almost completely settled here and I don't think I've ever been so happy for quiet, boring days as I am right now. -Claudia- photo is mine
@gr8nana6 (2191)
It is so nice of you to want to help your friends in need, prayers for your friend for the loss of her nephew.
@CRK109 Whenever I see a post on Facebook, or MyLot asking for prayers, I send them immediately. Strength in numbers!
I'm pleased that you are reaching out to your friends now, that can be nothing but good. So sorry about your friend's nephew - so many tragedies like that among young people nowadays.
@CRK109 (14435)
Well, I've been reaching out for a little while and very few respond. But that's information I need to know, too. I've been learning who my real friends are around here and while I don't plan on removing anyone permanently from my life, now that I'm offering to have them come and visit and make other plans for the future, it's up to them whether they want me back in their lives or not. And I know that, at least for the married friends, it's going to be difficult since I'm a single package now. And I have no children. And some of my married friends can't handle that, at least right now. And that's fine. We're all at different stages of life. My motto is "live and let live". Life is too short for anything else.
@CRK109 that motto is an excellent one, and we should all make the most of life. I can understand that your married friends would perhaps feel a little awkward, as they would be afraid of 'stepping on your toes', and inadvertently hurting you as they still have what you so plainly don't.
yes quiet boring days can be sogreat when we are tired out thats for sure hugs
@CRK109 (14435)
we sure do. thanks, Patsie! hugs back atcha, my friend!
@CRK109 hope things are better
Sometimes 'quiet' and 'boring' can be very, very desirable.
@CRK109 (14435)
No kidding. After all I've been through, this is my respite. At least, for now. I know I have more life to live but I need some real peace and quiet for a while before I venture out into the real world again.
@garymarsh6 (14369)
Glad you like where you are. Sorry to hear about your friends losses. So tragic eh!
The unexpected can happen at the drop of a hand. I have had my prayers answered so many times and am thankful for each blessing.
@CRK109 (14435)
You and me both! That's why I keep my prayer list nearby and just add to it when I hear of someone else in need.
I'm sorry for your friend's loss of her nephew. That kind of scenario could have been me a few months back. My nephew is in prison again for heroin. He OD'd and was barely found in time. It is a strange time. So much is happening right now. I hope everything goes well when your friends are able to come over.
@CRK109 (14435)
I can't wait to see people again. I know that when my nephew came to visit me, it felt so strange to have someone else in the apartment! lol I'm so used to being alone here. But it was such a welcome change. He's going to be coming back with a good friend of his soon, so that will be nice. And I need to invite my niece over. although she's not always good about visiting. But I will keep inviting people and hope for the best.
@CRK109 That's good. It can get lonely being alone all the time.
It's good to have friends come and stay. I'm sorry for your friends loss.
@CRK109 (14435)
thanks, Jean. I could feel her pain so strongly and all I can do is pray.
@solitary (261)
Your friends are lucky to have you as a friend.
@CRK109 (14435)
Thank you so much! That's such a nice thing to say!
@LoriAMoore (4669)
Enjoy your visit with your friend.
@CRK109 (14435)
oh I will! I haven't had a friend come visit since I moved here almost 3 months ago . My nephew came once and that was wonderful! But I really do need to see more people when I can get them here!
@bunnybon7 (37156)
• Holiday, Florida
thanks so much for all your prayers dear. it really does help
@CRK109 (14435)
I'm so glad they help. Everyone should have someone pray for them when the prayers are needed. xoxo
@Lucky15 (33719)
Aww. My prayers for her nephew too ;(
@CRK109 (14435)
thank you so much! xoxo