When Your Ego Was Hurt!

@acelawrites (10931)
This morning, I rushed to the sewing machine repair shop to tell the mechanic that it failed to work, so they should fix it again! The man put the thread, then switched it on, but lo! it worked well! Then the man looked directly at me and said : "it is the operator (me) who has the defect!" I just kept silent to avoid confrontation, but my ego was hurt, thinking that I am not a dress maker or seamstress, so I do not know so much about sewing machines! All along, the sewing machine has no problem, except that I made the wrong way of threading it, so the thread got entangled when I switch it on. Good thing I did not threw it in the garbage!
@louievill (18640)
People should be careful in choosing the right kind of words especially when they are in business and talking to a paying customer no matter what the situation, return business is more important than stressing a certain point
@acelawrites (10931)
That's what I wanted to tell him: that customer is always right, and just wanted to get my money's worth when I first paid them for their services.
@salonga (27993)
So the defect is on you not on the sewing machine.
@acelawrites (10931)
It was what the repair man told me! It was me who did not follow the brochure on how to thread it.Lesson learned!
@salonga (27993)
@acelawrites The truth hurts.
@acelawrites (10931)
@salonga yes, it hurts! (but not so much) .
@ida123 (6267)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
sometimes, we have to swallow our ego if we see that we are at fault. good that you did not confront the mechanic. next time, be sure to inspect the sewing machine if you put the thread in the right place, he,he
@acelawrites (10931)
Yes, it was good I was not hot tempered when he told me that I was the one who was "out of order!" I just remained being humble because I also respect those people who make a decent living.
@ida123 (6267)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@acelawrites Good thing that you control your temper friend.
@cacay1 (32861)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@ida123, that is true friend, to swallow our pride to avoid conflict hehe.
@cacay1 (32861)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
Hahahaha what a painful agony, but he did not know you.You could also have told him you are not a mechanic hehe.
@acelawrites (10931)
Yes, @cacay1, good thing the man did not know me, he thought I was just a housewife "who do not know how to thread a sewing machine!"
@cacay1 (32861)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@acelawrites , Better you are having extra patience, not a striker hehe.
@acelawrites (10931)
@cacay1 yes, because I had a lot of experience dealing with so many kinds of people; from the slums, farmers, fisherfolks, prisoners, etc., to the higher echelons.
@nomus24g (22859)
Why would it hit your ego, is something I am wondering...not everybody is expert in everything, if the mechanic is a sewing machine expert, you can be an astronaut n expert in your field...I dont think you should bother much on what he said...
@krkumar (209)
YES you are right , if any we do not know and some one is saying about it we have to listen first, because no one know every thing, we all are learners from one others
@acelawrites (10931)
I would had told him that I do not know so much about sewing machines because I am not a seamstress or a mechanic. Yes, I don't bother so much on what he said because he was right; I was at fault.
Oh dear! It is embarrassing when this happens isn't it? But it is good that the machine still works and that you didn't throw it out.
@acelawrites (10931)
I was thankful, it worked, also I am happy because I did not have to junk it.
Good thing you went back to ask the mechanic.
@acelawrites (10931)
Yes, because it did not work when I tried it at home. So I thought they had to fix it again.
@Lucky15 (33386)
Well. Ahmm. Atbleast you didn't throw it ;)
@acelawrites (10931)
Yes, and I can have it anytime I need it. It has a sentimental value because I bought it so long ago when I was still working full time.
Lol! You sound like me with sewing machines.
@acelawrites (10931)
It was funny, I laughed at myself, though I could had lambasted that repair man to tell him that I took it there because he is the expert on it.Just kept my cool.
@koopharper (6284)
I remember going to a flea market with the family and my older brother declaring a radio was junk because it wouldn't work. The seller at the table asked him if he would like to have it plugged in. We all laughed. My brother just shrugged and said he never expected to see these people again so his humiliation would be brief. Turns out the seller was a friend of my oldest sister and yes we did end up crossing paths regularly. Double fail.
@acelawrites (10931)
What a coincidence, the seller happened to be the best friend of your sister! Then he would retell that story to her!
@Macarrosel (7572)
Next time, make sure that the sewing machine doesn't works before bringing it to the repair shop so that your ego won't hurt. Peace my friend
@acelawrites (10931)
I tried and tried it several times, I tinker with it, but I did not know there should be a proper way of putting the thread to create some tension so the thread would not tangle.
@krkumar (209)
Some times it will happen, when some one said something to any one there the problem will starts , the only thing with EGO, but if we really not think with EGO and be positive manner, then nothing is there to disturb our life from happiness
@acelawrites (10931)
It is not purely ego, I just wanted him to say it in a nice way, of which I will accept.