The Birds Will Be Back

Most of the birds have left us for the last couple of days. But they will be back. Our neighbor had a new septic field put in his backyard. There was a ton of dirt in his backyard all piled up. You know when you dig up dirt, you get bugs like worms and such. They were having treats over there. Yesterday, they finished and his backyard is all smooth dirt. The birds will be back soon I think for the bird seed again. After they get the bugs.
@Asylum (48223)
• Manchester, England
The extremes that your neighbour will go to in order to coax your birds onto his property.
@Genipher (5169)
Now how to draw in the butterflies...?
I should send the big bird that we just caught in our backyard over there. We found a blue heron eating one of our larger koi fish, now we are upset and a little angry at the bird. We're watching so that he doesn't empty our pond.
@Juliaacv Oh no, one of your fish got eaten! One of your beautiful colorful fish!
@Susan2015 I went out and counted and we are down about 9 of the largest ones, he's been eating here for a while.
@Juliaacv Can you block off the area completely so he can't do that?
The birds really are taking advantage of that septic-tank job!!! Once their tummies are empty, back they will come.
@shubhu3 (20961)
• New Delhi, India
Birds are beautiful creatures.They seriously enlighten our entire world.
@tzwrites (4956)
The birds must have had a great feast with all those worms and bugs. An all you can eat type buffet.
I would have loved watching them! I had to stop feed mine.
What lucky birds to have a feast while your neighbors yard was all dug up
We have a septic tank that my husband and father built 20 years ago. What is a septic field ?
It is the same thing I believe. It had to be redone.
@solitary (261)
Not only the birds, we should be kind to all animals, then the world will become more beautiful.
@sofssu (14552)
Looks like you really missed them.. They sure will be back to accept your offerings
in the time after we mowed, the birds had a hey day, I am thinking we exposed bugs or something
@Lucky15 (33687)
The worms are surely loved by the birds
@Genipher (5169)
Last year our neighbor had a new sprinkler system put in her front yard. The exposed dirt drew the feral cats, instead of the birds. They loved their new litter box. A few years ago we had an unusual heavy snow. We ended up with a tree literally full of Robins. It was an amazing site! I bet your birds are fun to watch!
I love the little souls the birds Susan. Glad to know they had some treats.
most birds're quite fond'f those tasty treats, relyin' 'n the fat 'n protein within fer energy. yepperz, they'll be back 'fter they've picked 'n scratched all they can from the neighbors :)
@LoriAMoore (4665)
We have a new type of bird showing up that I don't recognize. It's small and has a red head with a little of red in his feathers. Very pretty.
@shivamani10 (11187)
• Hyderabad, India
how can they have a treat in such a place?