I'm helping a friend move - 2nd Thursday

@ElicBxn (60894)
I woke up early this morning, again, and I got both my once a week pill taken and the boy dogs out and then in again. After I got them in, I went out the front door, unlocked the gate, again, and got the dolly. In 20 minutes I had the boxes I should've moved in the house, moved and the two bins of winter clothes out in the shed. I then went back to the gate, locked it up and came in the front door. Now, Thursdays the roomie has a doctor's appointment. After I dropped her off, I ran to the grocery store and got some stuff for a cucumber dish for dinner, and a few extra onions, because ours are getting on in age... Then I went to Lowe's and picked up some more boxes for packing. I got back to her doctor's just before she got done. We came home and ate breakfast. I probably should've eaten something after moving the boxes, because I had the shakes by the time we got home. I ate something and then waited until the shakes passed. I got over to her place earlier than I normally have been. I started packing like mad. I got 4 boxes of books for donation packed up, I then filled a second box of stuff that I think she'd want to keep, put some more stuff in the box that I think she'll want easy access to no matter where she goes and loaded up 2 boxes of stuff for me. I even found another small fanzine, Star Trek this time. I put the boxes for her some place that the water can't get to them, and put the rest in the car. I did find a few books that made me glad that her priest hadn't found the box of books I set aside for him to look at. I sorted some stuff for trash, but it wasn't enough to make it worth while to take to the dumpster. I took the new boxes inside so I can pack into them tomorrow - if I survive tonight. I almost took a tumble putting the boxes in the car, that was a bit alarming, and I think I kind of wrenched my shoulder doing that. I only have 2 weeks left to get her out!
@Amel94 (1741)
• Serbia
Well you deserve to get yourself a good rest.
@ElicBxn (60894)
I'm glad to hear that, because both the roomie and I laid down right after 5 for a few hours (until it was time to bring the dogs in.)
Wow! You worked so hard with the moving today while having to do other things too. You deserve a good rest!!
@ElicBxn (60894)
I wish I could've handled working another couple'a hours, but 2 seems to be my limit if I'm having to do a lot of standing, lifting, and stuff.
I have been trying to get things ready, as I want to be able to sell my house and move...but that is all a big if...because I will not sell unless I can get a reasonable offer for this place. It is my nest egg and my retirement..and I have to be very careful. I would never "give it away." Anyway, what I really need to do is have a yard sale..Even though I don't do that much...it seems like I never have the time to get ready...Well...next week!!!! The trouble is, it is getting hot now..and it is not really the best time..but oh well.
@ElicBxn (60894)
Not related to my friend's move, we've been trying to have a garage sale since APRIL! But it kept raining! Now it really IS hot, but looks like it is happening this weekend.