I could not help a stranger today.

I been listening to this spanish for about 5 days now. basically I am learning greetings an how to say names. Nothing major at this time. I need to go over the lessons over and over to get them. So I'm still on the basics right now. Today,I was walking and a Spanish speaking man walked up to me. he kept asking me something and I could not make out a single word. I listened as hard as I could and not one word I ever heard before. I just said no and he kept talking I said no again and just walked off. I felt terrible because if he said Hola I would be able to answer. LOL I hope this does not take too long before I can move on to more lessons. I even tried to read a sign on the wall at the dr.s today. Not a word on that paper I knew. I will be asking for Spanish paper work as well because,I truly believe I will learn to read it before speaking it.
@yukimori (9072)
The neat thing about Spanish is that there are a lot of words that look close enough to English words that you can guess their meaning. You just have to beware of the ones that don't have the same meaning... embarazada seems like embarrassed, but it really means 'pregnant!' 'Lo siento, no entiendo' is a good phrase to know when you're just starting out. It means "I'm sorry, I don't understand."
I learned pregnant already but still don't remember it like you do. Thanks
'Lo siento, no entiendo' , yes, that is a good one to know right from the start.
It takes patience to learn a new language. Tons and tons of hours have to be put in. I know, trust me.
That is true n I will keep at it. Thanks
@shivamani10 (11200)
• Hyderabad, India
Oh!! learning Spanish? Good language. Why do you want to learn it at 46? Anything special about it? Of course, age is not the criteria to learn anything but one should have determination. Do you agree with me? (Usted de aquerdo conmigo?)
I love it.
@MGjhaud (20679)
that hola part made me laugh. do you follow a course in learning or just watch whatever spanish vids on youtube?
I am learning basic Spanish.
Hope you'll learn Spanish fast. I learned Spanish for two semesters at my University but that was too long time ago I couldn't seem to remember everything I've learned. Theres a good application for learning a language available on iOS and i think it's available on android phones too. It's called DUOLINGO.
I will keep going over it. youtube has the classes I was paying for last year. They are very good with the instructions.