Alligator killing young child at Disney World

I am certain that most mylotters have heard of the terrible tragedy that occurred at a Walt Disney Resort in Orlando. What a terrible thing to happen. I think Disney is facing a multi-million dollar lawsuit and I do believe they have some responsibility. I believe they were neglectful in not making guests aware that Alligator were present and a threat. Floridians might have been aware of alligator behavior but it should not be assumed that anyone outside of florida would be. Besides posting signs around lagoons and lakes warning that alligators might be present, Disney should give every guest a handout when they check in.
@josie_ (6455)
There was another similar case recently when a Gorilla had to be shot because a child entered it's enclosure when the parent was distracted. The investigation ruled the parent wasn't at fault and I agree with the verdict. Same here with the Disney incident. It's up to the amusement park's administration to ensure the safety of their visitors.
There was no information given to guests that alligators were in the water. If you are from out of states, chances are that you do not know this or understand alligator behavior. Guests should be given handouts about alligators. Signs should have been posted and Disney has done this now but it;s too late for the two years old and his family. Sad story.
@josie_ (6455)
@bostonphil _ I notice some people blaming the parents for not watching their children. Going by their logic they should not expect the administrator of a swimming pool to be at fault if no adequate safeguards like warning signs of the depth of the pool or a lifeguard at strategic locations. Heck, these parents should be at fault if their children drown since they should have been watching their kids.
While i agree as I lived in Florida 8 year.s. I know all about those wicked animals. However,I personally feel there should be no lawsuit. This is the second child to get in harms way of an animal. what in the world is wrong with the parents even letting go of a child's hand in such a place. There is no safer place for a child then in the hands of the parents. I just can't stand it suing when you were clearly not watching your child. Even a blind man knows what is in that place.
They were from out of state staying at a Disney Resort. They had gone to movie night on the beach and the boy was just wading in the water with the dad behind him. It was about 9 p.m. They were only in a few inches of water. If you know nothing about alligators, you could not have expected an alligator to be right there waiting to nab you. Out of staters should be given a handout on alligator behavior when they check into these resorts. The dad tried to fight with the alligator and get the child out of his mouth but to no avail.