They aren't wrong... but they aren't right either.

Apparently there's another family rift in the making. A family member came over today to talk to another family member. I was none the wiser as I was asleep. In any case, according to this family member, her siblings have essentially bad mouthed her, and told her that they believe all of her ailments are nothing but made up lies to support her drug addiction. Now I am not saying that they are wrong, but I am not saying they are right either. This person DOES take a lot of medicine, but I can believe she is in a lot of pain. Is she dependent on said medicine? I can believe so. Does she maybe curse a bit too much? I can believe it. However, I know that her life has been a whirlwind of stress, anxiety and abuse. She has the right to cope with how she needs to cope. No, I am not condoning drug use as a means to cope, but I do believe she needs the medicine all the same. I draw the line, however, when I hear that these same siblings have told their children that this family member, which would be their aunt, is a bad influence and mean and violent. I can't agree with any of these people's actions, truly I can't. Of course I don't know the full picture either. I am not there to see what they see, but I do know that they weren't in the same shoes she was growing up. None of us were, and we can't imagine the strain she's gone through over the years as a result of what her life has been and has become.. I hope that they (her siblings) see the error of their ways, and at the very least, apologize for their actions. Do I think it will happen? Probably not.
@Marcyaz (35740)
Unless we can walk in someone elses shoes we don't know what we would do. I am glad she has someone who can see her side of this issue.
Yes, I just hope it doesnt' blow up too much. THe family member she confided all this in? All they want to do is stir the pot...