She Will Not Enter on Her Own Four Paws!

Molly has a beauty appointment with the groomer today. She will not enter the Dog Spot, the lovely place where dogs are cared for and beautified, on her own four legs! Molly will plant all four paws firmly on the ground once she exits the car. When she lays her amber-colored eyes on the building that provides dog grooming services, Molly will not move a single inch since she knows what is to follow. Molly is close to 50 pounds in weight, and my husband will have to pick her up and carry her into the Dog Spot for her few hours of beauty. Molly has let us know in the past that she does not want any silly scarf tied around her neck. Nor does she want those silly pink bows put in her hair! When we return to the groomer's to take Molly home, she will race out the door of the Dog Spot, run to the car, hop in the backseat, and turn her back to us during the ride home. I do not want to take Molly to the dog groomer!!!
Mine don't usually mind going. But they are so glad to get home. Now if one of them had a shot or their teeth cleaned the last time they went, then they seem to remember that and are more hesitant to go in the vet's door. Part of the grooming is cleaning their behinds out, I can see why they wouldn't want to go. Not fun having a hand stuck up there!
Yes, the cleaning of the behinds is not fun at all. Our old dog Bo had to have that done too. I think Molly had it done once. Our poor fur babies!
@Corbin5 A vet's office once tried to tell me how to clean the dogs out. I'm not sticking my hand up there!
@Susan2015 Me neither! Also, the vet told us how easy it would be to clip our cat's nails. He said he would show us how to do it, but when he had to put a muzzle on her and call for an assistant to help hold her tight, he changed his words.
@tzwrites (4955)
Dogs are so funny. But most dogs I know hate going to the groomer. It's probably stressful for them. I groom my dog myself because she's small and it's manageable.
OMG I really want to learn groom my dogs myself, because is so stressful for them going to the groomer, but I believe that is more stresful when I try to do it hahaha, they never stay quiet, and when I'm with one, the other two going crazy
@tzwrites (4955)
@paoliita I had the same problem at the beginning but now I put my other 2 inside and groom one outside so they are separated.
@Marcyaz (35625)
That is not a nice experience for you and Molly does not thnk so either but she will come out all nice and clean and pretty. I ever never had a dog that didn't like to go to the groomers.
She does come out looking beautiful. She already lost a purple bow, but looks cute with the one left.
@Marcyaz (35625)
@Corbin5 They don't usually leave the bows in for long as they like to take them out. lol
@Marcyaz Yep, she is bowless now.
• Preston, England
obviously not dog given to vanity
Yep. She doesn't give a hoot as to how she looks!
@Corbin5 it is obvious that Molly thinks the same way I do. She is lovely just as she is. My cat Sid sends her most sympathetic meows.
Well, Sid is such a caring kitty cat. Just glad we made it in the place. She looked cute with the purple bows in her hair. She has already lost one though.
• Pleasant Hill, California
I'm with her. I don't like being "groomed." Is she part border collie?
Well, I am not a fan of having to be groomed either. She is a Shepherd/Chow Chow mix. Her stubborn streak comes from the Chow.
@Macarrosel (7542)
Poor dog. Many dogs never want to go to dog groomer for they hate and are stress being groomed.
Yes, she does get stressed-out when she has to go. We are so happy when we get to pick her up after all has been done.
lol smart dog she knows how the cookie crumb les and wants no part of being prettyed up and nicely groomed Hpw funny as is she cannot move you will just take her home dogs can be so funny
She is strong for her size. She won't budge.
@Hanyouyomi (1947)
• Dallas, Texas
I have this image in my head of Molly sprinting out of a one story building exclaiming:"Yes! I'm finally free! Free! AHAHAHA!" And then the ride home with her back turned to you she's probably muttering:"I'm still mad at you..."
Oh, Molly really can hold a grudge for several days if she thinks we have done her wrong.
• Dallas, Texas
@Corbin5 Several...Days.... And this occurs after apologizing to her?
@Hanyouyomi Yes, she does not accept apologies right away. She makes us suffer for a few days, and then forgives.
I can see her total dislike written all over her face and in those staring amber eyes. I wouldn't want to take her either. Have fun!
She does have a stubborn streak!
@Corbin5 So I've noticed. I imagine she put all her babies on guard before you left. Do you need to console her when she comes out of the groomer or does the cold shoulder treatment last a while?
@just4him Yes, the babies were in position so the house was safe while we were out. Yep, cold shoulder lasted for the entire day.
@xstitcher (12154)
• Petaluma, California
Cute doggy !
Thank you. She has a staring-habit when she wants us to do something she desires.
@xstitcher (12154)
• Petaluma, California
@Corbin5 My pooch cries when she wants something.
@xstitcher Oh, how sweet that is. I think I would prefer the cries over the marathon staring sessions. Kind of creeps me out when Molly stares at me for what seems like forever.
That sounds like when I took my cat I had before Sophie to the vet. It is like they know where you are taking them. She would cry the whole entire way no matter how I tried to show her the sights.
My sisters cry the whole way to the vet too.
@Corbin5 It is as if they know where they are going. My Sophie just goes in carriers and falls asleep and does not make a peep..
@Corbin5 It is as if they know where they are going. My Sophie will just go inside a carrier and just not make a peep.
Doesn't Molly know that there is nothing nicer than a clean, well groomed girl?
She says all the dogs at the dog park make fun of her when she goes there after being freshly groomed. The other dogs tease her about the bows in her hair.
@Corbin5 The other dogs are simply jealous of her beauty.
Poor Molly. Too bad she has to go through that.
Yes, poor baby girl. Well she has that double-coat of hers, so the grooming does help her keep much cooler. She loves winter!
@Corbin5 our dog had a thick double coat. He loved winter too. But he shed. I had to do a lot of brushing!
@Teep11 (7123)
I'm sure dogs get tired of the grooming and some go a little too far with the dressing up but they love their pets and that's good.
Well, Molly is not a fan of water at all, and I think she really dislikes the bath she gets.
@norcal (3214)
• Nevada City, California
My dogs have a similar reaction to the vet.
Molly has become a cantankerous little girl dog. So darn stubborn.
bless her heart, i don't blame her. i've ne'er'd a pup that required such maintenance, but dealt with my mamaw's poodles 'n that 'twas more'n 'nough. fortunately, they were teacup's 'n one carried 'em 'round anyhow, lol. the bows'n the ears, bright polish'n the nails....nah, i didn't care that neither. i'd be seein' 'bout trainin' ms. molly to adore goin' to the groomers if'n ya aint already. sounds like a great time fer some treats versus havin' to pick'er'p 'n carry her.
We rescued toy poodles and had to have them groomed regularly too. No toenail polish since they were boys. Molly has a double coat and the grooming keeps her cooler in the summer. Molly did go to puppy playtime at the Dog Spot and loved it, but will have to work on getting her to not give us such a problem when we take her to the groomer. Dang, she is stubborn due to being part Chow/Chow, mostly Chow with just a touch of Shepherd really.
I totally understand where Molly is coming from... It can really be annoying to have to sit and be groomed when all she wants to do is tear around! Anyway, I think Molly is really cute the way she is :)
Thank you. She is a very stubborn pup and has already lost one of the purple bows with white polka dots.
@shshiju (10574)
• Cochin, India
Let cheer Molly on her own way.
Hooray for Molly who now has purple bows in her hair!
@bunnybon7 (37163)
• Holiday, Florida
I know how that is. coco is the same about the vets office. but today she got a total surprise. they came in on her.
I read about the vet visiting Coco at home. Now that is great. I know they have groomers that come to the home, and perhaps we will give that a try one day.