Daily Bible Study

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Day 90 Psalm 90 Psalm 90:1 < Lord, thou hast been our dwelling place in all generations. 2 Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou had formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God. 3 Thou turn man to destruction; and say, Return, ye children of men. 4 For a thousand years in thy sight are but as yesterday when it is past, and as a watch in the night. 5 Thou carry them away as with a flood; they are as a sleep: in the morning they are like grass which grows up. 6 In the morning it flourishes, and grows up; in the evening it is cut down, and withers. 7 For we are consumed by thine anger, and by thy wrath are we troubled. 8 Thou hast set our iniquities before thee, our secret sins in the light of thy countenance. 9 For all our days are passed away in thy wrath: we spend our years as a tale that is told. 10 The days of our years are threescore years and ten; and if by reason of strength they be fourscore years, yet is their strength labour and sorrow; for it is soon cut off, and we fly away. 11 Who knows the power of thine anger? Even according to thy fear, so is thy wrath. 12 So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom. 13 Return, O LORD, how long? And let it repent thee concerning thy servants. 14 O satisfy us early with thy mercy; that we may rejoice and be glad all our days. 15 Make us glad according to the days wherein thou hast afflicted us, and the years wherein we have seen evil. 16 Let thy work appear unto thy servants, and thy glory unto their children. 17 And let the beauty of the LORD our God be upon us: and establish thou the work of our hands upon us; yea, the work of our hands establish thou it. Nobody knows how long they will live. Our time on earth is like a breath on the wind, or grass that grows and we mow down. Here today, gone tomorrow. That truth comes home to us when loved ones die. Only God knows how many days we have on earth. Moses gave us a guideline to follow when it comes to how we are to live our lives. We are to take account of each day we have and apply our hearts to wisdom. We are to look to God’s mercy and live our lives in joy and happiness. You and I know there will be days of sorrow and temptation, but Moses told us we can ask God to give us as many good days as we’ve had bad days. If you look at your life, you will see you have had many good days, good memories with your loved ones. Our joy comes from the work God gives us, from his mercy and salvation. As Christians, we know that our work is to do the will of God our Father, to live our lives in such a way that people will see Jesus in us. Nothing gives me more pleasure than to talk about Jesus to everyone I meet. Nothing gives me more pleasure than to make someone else happy and know that God is smiling down on me. Our lives are short. We only have so much time to tell about the love of God and what he’s done for us. There is no time to waste. Let’s pray: Father, give me wisdom to know your will for my life. Let me know that my time is not infinite but you have given me this time to make a difference in the lives of the people around me. In Jesus’ name, I pray, amen. Copyright 17 June 2016 by Valerie Jean Routhieaux Image courtesy of Pixabay
@gr8nana6 (2256)
Amen, thank you for sharing this with us.
You're welcome.
@Drosophila (16886)
Life is fleeting for sure.
Yes it is.
@Elizaby (3258)
• Pensacola, Florida
Amen love this psalm
It's one of my favorites as well.
@Macarrosel (7655)
I always count the good days given to me by God. Thanks for sharing the words of God.
It's always good to count those good days God gives us.
@cacay1 (30525)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
Very nice prayer, thank you Valerie, Amen to our happiness with the Lord.
Thank you. It's always great to be happy in the Lord.