What was your job,before you retired?

Good afternoon.Another good one. What was your job before you retire. For me it was graphic art.The old fashioned way.No technology Most copy and paste.I missed out on the computer part. Now everything seems but easier when we had it. I spend over forty years on this.I started out plate making. Then worked in the art dept. some.Sort of like free lance. Plate making was flexographic plates.Did some opaque on negative. etc. It was a very good money making at those times. Tell us about your. photo is public domaine
So glad you told us about your graphic arts career. Such skill needed for that. I taught 1st grade, 4th grade, 5th grade and was a special education teacher. Before I retired, I was a reading teacher for struggling readers in a middle school. The reading teacher position was the dream job of all time. I was in heaven since I was surrounded by kids and books.
That sounds very inviting. Who chose the books?
@responsiveme I researched all the Young Adult books, read them all first, then I knew which books would be just right for an individual student. I bought all the books at resale and charity shops. I made my classroom into a reading room with lamps, rugs, framed pictures on the wall, plants, and huge pillows. It was like we were reading in a living room. Other students, not mine, would come to that cozy place to read in peace and quiet. We had a round table in the middle of the room for lessons in reading strategies, and we had healthy snacks to enjoy while reading too. Such fun. We did use the school library for books I researched too.
@Corbin5 I wish I was there.It sounds so my kind of a place.I understand students folking there. Now please do recommend some YA books please. I'm still in that category reading wise:)
@EddieHands (37852)
I used to run a a Pretzel Kiosk .. best job I ever had! But then I found out about easy online money, and things changed !
Easy online money - where LOL
@EddieHands (37852)
@AbbyGreenhill Here and there!
@EddieHands I prefer to have fun, money is just a nice addition!
@garymarsh6 (13647)
What an interesting job you had you must be very talented. I am a few years off retirement yet and although I love my job I am ready to retire I think. I want to do so many things but have little spare time.
well not very talented but talent in my profession
@CRK109 (14465)
The last paid job I held was Director of Religious Education at a church. I ran parent and teacher meetings, I taught the teachers what to teach, I ran First Penance and First Communion ceremonies and I taught the children as often as I could! It was my last job but the job I really loved the most because I love children so much.
I am a teacher and many years away from retirement.
I worked in the accounting field. Do not miss it.
I was working as a hair dresser in a braid shop.
I have been a wife and mother for 27 years
I was a special education teacher for most of my career. I taught grades k to 6. I also was an adjunct professor of special education for a few summers, and worked as a first grade teacher before I had my children and became a stay at home mom. I had a very fulfilling career, not a job.
@responsiveme (14746)
That is very interesting and obviously you had talents in that direction.
@reponsiveme yes,I had talent in that field
My last job (of 10 years) I was administrative assistant for a Fortune 500 pharmaceutical company. I worked in one the regional offices. I got big time company benefits, but it the ease of working in a two-person office. Benefits were great, boss was an idiot.
@ida123 (6267)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
I was an accountant in a bank for 24 years.