No more satellite projects?

This is insane, how can this incoming administration just threw away scientist's hard work in making this tiny diwata project. The first diwata satellite was sent recently, and we were hoping for a second one. Our biggest mistake back in the 80s was dropping the rocket and missile project which was originally supported by Marcos then. But when Aquino came into power, she just dropped it, and because of that we have rocket space program. I think they are surging back in agriculture development more. Im sure with his war on crime, more investments will come in and funds for small space related projects.
The next administration is mulling putting the Department of Science and Technology's (DOST) Diwata space program in the back burner should they be given a s...
As much as I love the space program, I think we should be focused more on earth and the crime and terrorist situations going on here.
That's what the new administration is going to do now a days @just4him I was shock at first but after a while I realized it was for the best @just4him
What's the purpose of Diwata project, again?
It was a satellite sent into space for the purpose of research @rachz_kisses
@Letranknight2015 Research on what? Aliens?
@rachz_kisses for our weather, internet and tv signal and hopefully improve mapping
Can you please enlighten me what the Diwata project is all about?
This was a micro satellite that was launch a couple of years ago @SIMPLYD it was meant to help us sent sattellite into space for the help of weather broadcast, mapping, even future support for a faster internet or cable signal...well, it stopped i think.
@Letranknight2015 Oh , that could have been a very useful project . I think they should reconsider that , because it will be so beneficial to all people
@SIMPLYD well, they didn't pay the scientist and people just want to quit and find work that pays them.
@Yar_Joey (3312)
I heard about the satellite of our country. I hope the project will continue
They won't, the scientist who made this project never got a salary for four years. They quit and thought of not making diwata two @Yar_Joey
@Yar_Joey (3312)
@Letranknight2015 But isnt it there is one satellite in orbit in space now?
@Macarrosel (7633)
Well, I have no idea about diwata project. If this is for the best of the country why do they dropped such project?
Hello @Macarrosel they were sign to finish it within the year, but with no salary what so ever and they given half the credit. Which was a real shame to those who organize it for them.