Do you want your children to be movie stars?

movie star
Guangzhou, China
When my son was little, I already had someone who invited my son to have the interview. I was not interested in it. On Friday I got a call and I was told that they had an interview in this afternoon for a child like my son. I said my son had courses and declined it. I must say that I am not interested in it even until today. My son is interested in science and I hope one day he can be a scientist
Yes, I think you did the right thing. Being a scientist is a career that will last a lifetime, whereas an acting career is not usually a stable one.
I just think that being a scientists is much more meaningful. Besides, it is my child's dream.
@youless Mine wanted to be a sculptor and his work is amazing, but more money being a financial analyst. He sculpts during his free time.
@Corbin5 Being a sculptor is great. I always appreciate the arts.
I want my kids to be whatever makes them happy.
How nice you are!
@youless .....I think that is best. Seeing them happy makes me happy too. Hehe
@zarlamain (24602)
If I had a child and he or she wanted to be a movie star, I would say go for it.
Supporting children's dreams are important.
@zarlamain (24602)
@youless Definitely. No need to hinder them.
@scheng1 (24815)
Did you ask your son about it? I think it is a good opportunity for him. Perhaps he can see how the backstage works, and he will appreciate that a lot of people work together to produce a show.
He doesn't show passion to acting. I think he just has a good looking but I doubt whether he has the acting ability
@scheng1 (24815)
@youless haha, I think he will be more interesting in the backstage engineering work than the actors or actresses! They will not ask him back if they see him following the engineers and technicians all the time when they set up the scene.
@ilocosboy (34345)
If that what they wants, I will always support them. Whatever ambitions in life they want, I'm always at their back pushing them to doit.
I think today parents are open and most of the time they will support their children to fulfill their dreams.
@ilocosboy (34345)
@youless that is right
I never wanted our sons to be movie stars.
You have other expectations
It depends on whether or not your son is fond of performing arts,but if your ask me,it is better for your son to go down the scientist route.
I think the same.
@RubyHawk (20970)
• Atlanta, Georgia
I wouldn't encourage a child of mine to be a movie star, so many hopefuls never make it and if they do, they don't have happy lives. A movie star is not a normal person.
But it seems that many people still want to be a movie star.
I would not want my children in that kind of lifestyle either. My youngest loves acting and she's amazing at it but I wouldn't want to do that to any of my kids.
My son is not very interested in acting. And me, too. But if your child likes it, then it is different