Going for Turquoise Hair

@noni1959 (4264)
I'm 57 and this year decided to get outside of my "norm" and do what I want to do with my hair and clothes. Eight weeks ago when having my regular high and low lights I asked for a peek-a-boo strand of purple in my hair. Today I will touch up the purple and make it not so peek-a-boo and add a strand of turquoise as well. I'm going to be one of those little old ladies that have a wild side and mix up my hair and clothes and not care. I'm going to get another motorcycle soon too and paint it purple and pink. My grandson says, "grandma, you're nuts. I'm glad."
I have wanted to do a strand of pink through my hair. Still wondering about it. Glad your grandson understands.
@noni1959 (4264)
You can buy a strand of colored hair from the beauty supply and clip in to get an idea.
@noni1959 ....That's an idea. Thank you.
@MGjhaud (20861)
Haha im sure your grandson is so proud. I have a friend whose got a turquoise hair and it looks so good on her. Good Luck on your plan.
@noni1959 (4264)
My youngest daughter who I live with now dyed her hair for the first time this year and recently went multicolor with turquoise, pinks, purples etc. It's gorgeous. Up here rainbow hair is normal. We go to CA and get some crazy looks. You would think no so much in CA.
@MGjhaud (20861)
Cool. If i try that here, i would surely stand out.
You rock as a grandma! The purple streak and the motorcycle makes for one very cool grandma in my opinion!
@noni1959 (4264)
It took me awhile to stop worrying what others think and it sure feels good.
@IvySaysHi (4342)
Thats right, it is so great to be able to do what you want
@owlwings (40026)
• Cambridge, England
Go, go, go! Here's one you probably already know, read by the author:
Jenny Joseph reads her poem 'Warning', Britain's most popular post-war poem, according to poll conducted by the BBC in 1996. The second line of this poem ins...