The Midnight Caller

I said absolutely NO! to getting my tenant out of jail. He is one of the new guys and I was nice to him and let him have a rental that was not finished because this girlfriend kicked him out, Three weeks later he asks can she move in, they kissed and made up. The reason he left was because she was messing around on him with other guys. I said yes knowing she probably would not stay. I did not know she is a drunk. After two weeks she asked for her name to be put on the lease and I am not doing that even though he said it was okay. Wednesday my sister told me they were fighting and the man walked away, but he called late and asked Tony to come make his girlfriend leave because she is hitting him, he told him to make her leave its his house, call the police to her. He did and the police took both to jail... but wait the plot thickens. When he called the police she began to cut herself! And she told him " I go to jail so do you!" As the story went on, he said she cuts herself sometimes. I told him that is a mental illness. They went to jail on Wednesday night and very late yesterday Tony decided to bail him out and will get his money back on the first of the month when he pays rent. I gave him the "preaching" about how a life of drinking will be nothing but this over and over. That she needs help mentally for the cutting problem. That my sister felt sorry for his dog and watered and fed it. And I told him he stinks and to take a bath! He said its over between them but we`ll see. Yes she is still in jail and I don`t know if she will get out. Tony only got him out because he knows she was the one dealing out the abuse, he heard her in the background of the phone call, my sister SEEN her and other neighbors said they heard her but I know more seen it too cause they are all nosy and that was some action for the boring neighborhood.
What a mess these two caused. Hope no further incidents. Wish they did not have a dog since that poor thing is also a victim.
And that dog love the man so much.
@andriaperry Just so sad.
@Marcyaz (35651)
Well now the boring neighborhood has a lot to talk about. That lady needs some mental help is what it sounds like and if the guy takes her back he is asking for trouble.
I bet those old gossip people are burning those phones up, and yakking at Church.
@Marcyaz (35651)
@andriaperry Yep sure sounds like that is what they would be doing.
@RubyHawk (26835)
• Atlanta, Georgia
Wow, how terrible. I hope the man doesn't let her come back, if he does it will mean more trouble for you.
Not much because I will evict them
@RubyHawk (26835)
• Atlanta, Georgia
@andriaperry Sometimes they leave you no choice. We have owned rental houses and have had to do the same thing.
Goodness, you must pine for a boring life sometimes! There is always something happening with your tenants isn't there?
I do crave a boring .... nothing... no phone life.
@Lucky15 (33753)
Felt bad for the dog. The woman is just..sigh
I know, right?!
@thelme55 (14705)
OMG! What a life! I pity the dog. I hope you will get your rent Andria.
Yes he will pay rent if nothing else.
@gr8nana6 (2194)
OMG sounds like around here....Never a dull moment.
Wow you`re the first to say that , Never a dull moment.
@Platespinner (16782)
We had renters like that...shudder.
You would think more people behave but as I see it more people act like these.
What a mess
This is not the first nor will it be the last.
Some losers! I wouldn't have bailed him out, no way.
Oh, I didn`t and I told the man he best let her butt sit there.
The only one I feel sorry for is the dog. They both sound like losers. Hope he listens to you.
Its sad to say that more people drink and fight like that than don`t these days.
@hostessman (9582)
• Tucson, Arizona
I would get involved with people I don't know. so I wouldn't of bailed him out either
LOL, I and a landlady, I am always involved with people I don`t know.
Yep, nothing like the old" you're going too ploy. I've heard about it before.