No Zika! ordered more Skin So Soft!

Avon never thought 30 years ago when they developed their bath oil "Skin So Soft" that it would be used for anything other than taking baths. Somehow it became known as a great insect repellant and one of the strongest around. We use it on the beach to repel the green headed flies who laugh at Deep Woods OFF and other insect repellant sprays. As soon as we put the Skin So Soft bath oil on our skin, they leave us alone. The same goes for the biting black flies that occasionally show up. There is something in that stuff that the bugs absolutely HATE. Now that we are in the age of ZIKA VIRUS, I've just ordered 2 new bottles of Skin So Soft oil. I figure that I can use it when I am hanging out in the backyard as well instead of the regular bug spray. It wasn't bad. I got 2 full-sized bottles for $24 on Amazon.
I'm sure Avon never expected that when they came out with it many years ago.
absolutely not. I'm sure they were somewhat embarrassed that their relaxing bath oil was a great bug repellant. It works like a charm though!
@NJChicaa I don't think they were embarrassed because it also does what they intended for it to do with a big extra advantage.
I need some of that stuff!
@acelawrites (10926)
Is it safe to use, no harmful ingredients in it?
I might try this too. We have mosquitoes here from time to time. I wonder what the ingredient is that repels bugs?
@Telynor (1201)
I took this with me on my Alaska cruise, and it stopped the mosquitos in their tracks. Great stuff!
I haven't used skin so soft in years but remember how much I used to love it. Sounds like a good price on Amazon so I think I'll get some
@ida123 (6267)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
Thanks for sharing this information, glad that you observed this. Using this product of Avon can be a great help especially Zika Virus is on.
@ilocosboy (34345)
really, this is the lotion we are using, this is maybe the reason why we are not so affected with dengue
@akalinus (14264)
We tried that a few years ago. It did not repel the super mosquitos we had there. We used the lotion, I think. It was years ago, I could be wrong. Maybe, I should try again.
You need the original bath oil. That stuff cannot be beat.
@akalinus (14264)
@NJChicaa I am past the age of pregnancy but mosquitos transmit other diseases. None of them sound like much fun. We don't have a tub. Can you get the same effect in a shower?
@akalinus You have to apply the oil to your arms and legs just as you would bug spray in order for it to repel bugs. Using it in the shower probably wouldn't work.
@Macarrosel (7576)
I am an Avon franchise dealer in our place but sad to say I don't know about this. Maybe I have to buy this one too. Thanks for sharing this one.
Skin So Soft is the best insect repellant that we have found. For Flies, Mosquitoes, Gnats, and anything else. . .