His Lordship, Ruler of the Universe, the Evil Demon Spawn Scar escapes...again

I don't know how he does it. That makes 6 times now I have had to track the Boy down. He managed to somehow unscrew a 'quicklink' on his lead and was wandering around down near the railroad tracks (I tightened it with a pair of pliers this time...bet he doesn't unscrew it now). That's the third time he's undone a link...the first two, I was outside so he didn't get anywhere. He's now broken the lead twice, and broken three clasps. All those times, I had to go look for him. Schneaky bastage. I guess he wore himself out exploring, because now he's napping it off on the front porch. Someday I will figure out how to keep him from getting loose.
His Lordship, Ruler of the Universe, the Evil Demon Spawn Scar. 198 likes · 2 talking about this. Pet
I cannot understand how he can unscrew the quicklink. You should place a camera and see if someone comes and helps.
I only had them finger tight, which I guess wasn't tight enough...as he'd drag it, it would eventually start loosening
@JolietJake I feel that he will try again. Smart little cat.
@ladyduck what is a Quick link? Never heard the term before but then never had a cat before!
Have you tried nailing one foot to the floor? Just joking!....
@MsTickle (24978)
You are a wicked person. I like that.
soon he will need a GPS tracker like my boy
That thick brush at the end of the yard gives him a very large area to hide within
@jolietjake I hope scar stops running away. Hope if he does it again you can find him safe and sound. When he wakes up tell him hi for me!
Sweetest, and craftiest, kitty in the world!
@koopharper (6302)
Cats are amazing. We had a polydactyl cat. Didn't take him too long to figure out doorknobs.
@Lucky15 (33754)
He has fb page Maybe he gets tips there. Lol
@Inlemay (16655)
• South Africa
He wants to go run-a-bout .... maybe take him for a long walk every day
That would be fine, except he wants to go walk where he wants to go walk...anywhere else, I'd have to drag him
@Inlemay (16655)
• South Africa
@JolietJake and I suppose you cannot walk where HE wants to walk - like on the wall, down the ally, up the roof . . . ha ha
@Inlemay No, in the thick brush at the end of the yard...down the groundhog hole...places like that
@Lolaze (3164)
I say a harness and chains...lots and lots of chains!
The way my luck is he's got a hacksaw blade stashed somewhere
@Lolaze (3164)
@JolietJake He probably does, or knowing him, an electric powered saw. He'd go for ease, not manual labor.
@JolietJake I wished I had power tools. I love power tools. So Scar is like me! Just don't let him live up to his name Scar with the hacksaw blade =)
Hummmm, maybe I'm better off just keepin my kitty indoors, at least I know she's somewhere in here.
I never had a lick of trouble with Louie, he was the world's most laid-back cat ever...Scar appears to be the polar opposite
He's definitely smart @JolietJake and maybe just wants more entertainin
@pgntwo (21735)
• Derry, Northern Ireland
Don't they fit an immobilizing device to the shopping carts at the mall that kicks in once the cart falls out of range...?
It was bad enough when he bent the clasps open...then he managed to weaken the steel lead and break it...now he's been dragging the links and unscrewing them..I don't know what trick he'll come up with next, but each time I think I have it solved, he comes up with something new
@pgntwo (21735)
• Derry, Northern Ireland
@JolietJake Perhaps he was a Fox in a previous life...
@Genipher (5136)
Hey, at least you're trying. My neighbors could care less where their cats roam...and poo.
Scar is trying too...very trying at times
That is one pooped kitty from all the excitement.
I think he does it just to mess with me, because he never goes very far
@tech40 (9364)
I think there's a small gps device that you can attach to scar..
kitty harness? hehehe, have fun attaching it.
What an escape artist! I had the opposite problem this week. We have an outside cat who is free to roam as we are way out in the country. He comes inside to visit though. We went away for a few days and when the house sitter came to check he shot out of the house! We had unknowingly left him inside when we went away. His food etc. is all in the shop so he was probably quite upset at being shut in.
Glad you found him! Doodles goes for walks unleashed, but I carry a big stick to guide him from going into the woods. He is black and also sneaky. He disappeared for over two hours when I took my eyes off him. It gave me such a fright!
Lol, he is so slick! I hope he cannot undo it now.
ah you protest too much you soft hearted JJ but he sure is one smart cat too I think black cats are always the best and sometimes nuttiest of cats lol loll
@LoriAMoore (4653)
We used to have indoor/outdoor cats, but now Grady the Gray Cat is just an indoor cat and I'd DIE if he got out.