Typing Word Issues

@noni1959 (3005)
Has anyone else had issues with typing words and they take awhile to catch up? It's like the sites or email I am in that require typing does this since yesterday. It's doing it here. It will freeze too. I ran test and find nothing. My lap top is old so can it be programs?
@MGjhaud (20749)
Have you tried restarting your Laptop?
@noni1959 (3005)
I have. I've cleared cookies, ran scans, and made sure nothing else is running I forgot about.
@MGjhaud (20749)
Have you tried booting in Safe Mode?
@tech40 (9221)
Maybe you're running out of RAM from your laptop?
@noni1959 (3005)
No. I'm still good there. I did mess around and find a way to find background programs and found the Tobisha stuff was all running at start up and continuing. I was able to stop it from doing it so hopefully that was the issue.
@tech40 (9221)
@noni1959 So it runs smooth now?
Yes, I have had that problem before too, not sure what causes, but maybe restarting or running the disk clean up might help.
@noni1959 (3005)
I have and it will be fine and then start again. I use Chrome and wonder if it's something going on there.
@Genipher (5166)
@noni1959 I'm really starting to hate Chrome, myself.
It's your laptop.
@noni1959 (3005)
I need a new one and thinking of getting one right before I retire. I don't add a lot of programs and use it minimal so it's probably why this has lasted me so long.
@noni1959 But browsers have updated so much so that old computers can't handle as much anymore. Making your computer work slow.
@RonElFran (896)
• Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
Usually that problem comes from your computer's cpu being overloaded. In other words, there's either too many programs running at once, or more likely, one of the programs is using a lot of cpu time. Another possibility is that some program is doing a lot of disk accesses. That can also slow down responsiveness. You might want to check to see if there's a particular program that's running when the slowdown occurs.
@noni1959 (3005)
I am not computer technical and not sure how to find out if there are background programs running. I don't download and barely have anything loaded on here. I've always been that way, not loading a lot of stuff. I have a lot of free space. Norton isn't finding anything. I do hear something like it's running. It's an old lap top so not worth me taking it in to see what can be found. It will stop for days and then start again like tonight.
• Otis Orchards, Washington
There's been a couple people this has happened to. It's happen to me but only on myLot. All the other sites have not given me any problems.
@swirlz (3138)
Same here. I've just started using myLot again. It's lagging here but not on the other sites I have open.
@AkoPinay (11666)
I only use my iPhone and yes I have issues typing
@noni1959 (3005)
I use my microphone when using my phone and have to constantly stop and fix it. I hate using it to type anything.
@Genipher (5166)
Happens to me a LOT. Lately when it starts acting up, I go to my task manager and kill the internet's shockwave program. It helps get things moving again. For awhile.
@noni1959 (3005)
I haven't thought about that. I'll try it when this starts in again.
@Wordly1 (478)
• Kingston, New Hampshire
I have this happen to me now and then when commenting on some news articles and, even here, sometimes. It could be the computer or security software doing background 'cleaning' or your Internet connection having a bad day. I've done both: Restart the computer and/or my DSL Modem. Seems to help.
@owlwings (38861)
• Cambridge, England
This kind of lag is quite common. It is due to a shortage of RAM and tends to happen most when you have several programs open or many tabs open in the browser. If it has only started happening recently, it may indicate that there is some program running in the background which was recently installed. This might be something legitimate, such as a large update downloading, or it may be something unnecessary and unwanted. It might be time to scan your PC for unwanted programs such as adware or malware (i.e. a virus of some kind). Make sure that your antivirus program is up to date and run a full scan (it may be best to schedule a scan on start-up and to restart the computer). There are several tools which can help identify and deal with background programs IOBit do a free program which does a good job:
High-performing software products to speed up computer, fix & clean registry and malware, optimize PC games, tune up Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Vista, XP, etc.
Yes, it does happen to me also and i do not know why.
Yes, that has been happening a lot to me lately. Even on my phone. I cleaned up the RAM and it helped.