I am going to star a walking program after reading so much about walking on MyLot. I plan to have tons of energy from it!

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
I have decided to go for it. I am starting a walking problem with my sister's permission. I am going to walk back and forth on the sidewalk on my block back and forth. Ten times back and forth equals one mile. I am working slowly up to six or seven miles a day! I plan to have more energy since i am more alert without as many sedatives and will be sans sedatives in 2 1/2 weeks! I am alert and have some energy but need more to do everything i want to do! Thank you, walkers, on MyLot for giving me the motivation to start a walking program. I will go out early morning, afternoon and evening and keep track how many i can do! Thank you, walkers again! Picture courtesy of Pixabay
That's a great idea, not only will you be getting exercise but you'll be getting fresh air too.
@jabouk yes, that will be nice to get fresh air. I have sat on the porch reading a couple times last week and Monday! I am not used to fresh air!
@RubyHawk (24913)
• Atlanta, Georgia
That's great, but start slowly and gradually work up. trying to do too much too fast can tire you and discourage you. Do what you can easily, then just add a little bit to it every few days. That way you can stick to your program and build up the distance.
@rubyhawk I am going to start by doing a tenth of a mile two times a day for a few days and add a tenth of a mile three time a day after a few days! Thanks for the advice! Can you teach me through private message to eat healthy like you do?
Good for you!
@snowy22315 thank you! I am going to attempt It and eat healthier, too!
@VivaLaDani13 (19842)
• Perth, Australia
@Marty1 That's an awesome idea! I wish you all the best with it!
@Daljinder (21539)
@VivaLaDani13 Do you go on walks anymore?
• Perth, Australia
@Daljinder No. Not at all.
@Daljinder (21539)
@VivaLaDani13 Not feeling like it?
Good for you. I hope it helps you feel better.
@paigea I admit i was exhausted the next day and walked 10 minutes and didn't do a cleaning. But then i was sedated heavily for almost 16 years!
@Marty1 10 minutes is a good start. I would keep the walking there until I could walk And then still do a cleaning. But keep going!
@cacay1 (32861)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
Hehehehe how nice you learned many good lessons here in mylot.Have a perspiring walk.
@cacay1 I a m actually starting out in the house. I am currently walking back and forth through the house as I write this on my kindle's internet part
@cacay1 (32861)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@Marty1 hahahahaha yay happiness body language
@Marty1, I am so glad that you got inspired by our walking posts here. And you know what? You are inspiring me NOW to get there again this morning! I know that you can do it: just start slowly and keep track of your progress here by posting, it will also help others to keep going or just staring. I am on your side!
@Marlina I am starting out In the house afraid the weather will harm me. I am actually writing this as I walk for today! Thanks for being on my side ! It means a lot!
@Marty1 I am really on your side as I know HOW GOOD walking can make a person feel! Go for it. Let us know, you can even walk on the spot with some nice music to spur you on!
@LoriAMoore (4813)
Good for you. Happy Walking.
@LOriamoore Thank you!
It's almost a week since i have not exercise even now that i woke up early i just couldn't have the motivation these days.
@letranknight2015 I hope your motivation comes back! I am sure it will.Maybe you were doing too much of it! Take it easy for a week more or so. I found pre-sedatives when i always exercised i i would lose motivation if i did it too much!
Sounds like a good plan. Walking is excellent exercise. Good luck!
@lindacpearson thank you!
@epiffanie (10466)
That's great! .. I love walking but i seldom go out for walks because I don't want to walk on my own ..I walk on the spot though while browsing online .. ;)
@epiffanie I don't want to go out either too humid. So a m walking back and forth from my living room through dining room and kitchen and back while mylotting
This is a wonderful idea, one mile to start is a good goal, you can increase little by little as you feel better.
@Marty1, just reread this post and was wondering how was your walking program going so far? Let us know!
Great idea but don't get stressed on how many steps you do per day !