Rock and Roll June 21

Daytona Beach, Florida
1958 – Bobby Darin makes it on the U.S. record charts with his song “Splish Splash”. 1975 – The Captain and Tennille came out with one of their most popular songs “Love Will Keep Us Together”. The song went on to win a Grammy Award for Record of the Year. 2011 – Sadly country singer Glen Campbell is diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease at the age of 75 and must leave the country music scene. 2015 – James Taylor saw his album “Before This World” reach number one on the Billboard Hot 200 after selling 97,000 albums in its debut week. Taylor has had eleven Top Ten albums. The album came out in 2015 with songs like “You and I Again” and “Angels of Fenway” among others. http://www.classicbands.com/day/june%2021.html
Otra de las canciones del nuevo disco que se publicará en Junio. Tres en total hizo en la noche.
@Dena91 (4749)
I like these songs and grew up listening to Glen Campbell. My parents constantly had all types of music playing, which I am thankful for now. Have a blessed day
You too @Dena91
@1hopefulman (33542)
Some great artists here! So James is still going strong! I'll listen to a few of his songs now.
• Preston, England
all great snippets and so sad about Glen Campbell - always a favourite
I didn't know Glen Campbell got Alzheimer's. That sad. I remember the other songs you mention.
@JudyEv just read online that Glen Campbell is in the late stages of this awful disease and doesn't even know what a guitar is. I send my prayers for him.
@RasmaSandra He was also accused of domestic violence and of carving up a dining table with a chain-saw so it seems he had a few problems.
I must be totally out of it. James Taylor had a #1 album in 2015? Every old person in the US must have bought it save me.
@JohnRoberts that's talent for you. I love it when the old rockers still swing makes me feel like a young teen again. Go rockers go