No smoking and smoking

After days of hell and withdrawls and patches and phone counseling he is now officially smoking again. All I can say is smoke till you die! I am glad I quit nearly 11 years ago or I would be broke and starving with each pack $5.00.
I'm glad I never got hooked on it. I used to be a social smoker for a VERY brief time. Thankfully, I stopped because i know from friends and family just how very, very hard it is to break that habit. Has he tried one of those vapor things? My sister and niece both switched to that.
Yes, a Blu. It quit and burned his lip!
We both quit cold turkey. I smoked 4 packs a day at the time - if I can quit anyone can quit...you have to want to and obviously your husband doesn't want to.
Not my husband and I have told him he doesn`t.
@Raelove (16819)
• Saco, Maine
I honestly do not see how people can justify smoking now, considering all the health information we have, not to mention the price. I saw a man panhandling this morning not far from here. He was dressed in the shabbiest clothes imaginable and was stumbling across the intersection. Yet, he was smoking. I would never give anyone like that money, as I know exactly where it would end up. My daughter smokes, and she has a whole slew of health issues. Yet, she insists on pushing that enveloped. I love her, and it breaks my heart to know that it's just a matter of time before she is hospitalized again, but I truly cannot feel sorry for people who bring illness upon themselves by something they could control if they really tried.
@Raelove (16819)
• Saco, Maine
@AbbyGreenhill Oh yes, I know it's an addiction. A woman I know did finally quit for health reasons, but she told me that, when she was smoking, she loved it. I appreciated that honesty.
@Raelove I wouldn't have smoked 4 pks a day if I didn't love it. there are times, once in a blue moon, that I would love to have one, but it would most likely kill me!
@Raelove (16819)
• Saco, Maine
@AbbyGreenhill You are one of the fortunates ones then. My father developed emphysema on top of heart disease due to smoking and his many years in the textile mills. I remember my late partner saying he'd crave one from time to time, too.
There is nothing else you can say, it is what my husband said to his mother and this is what happened, liver cancer.
Smoking causes more than cancer.
@andriaperry Yes, in fact she also had buildup of cholesterol that caused pain in the legs.
@rina110383 (24141)
I never tried smoking. I'm glad you kicked the habit 11 years ago.
thank you and its good you did not.
@Platespinner (16515)
I've never smoked, and never understood the desire to. But I DO understand addiction. Quitting can be really, REALLY hard.
To be diabetic and not eat certain food is harder.
Not sure how many times he's tried to quit. According to a class I took at the VA, it takes the average smoker six tries before they are successful. 11 years is impressive!
Since I have known him, I would say 12 to 15 times. Thank you! I did smoke 2 packs a day when I quit.
'tis'n addiction :( i suffer from such myself. actually quite whilst the hubs was 'way fer 9 months'n a job outta state. he kept me so stressed out that 'fore long i was back to firin' one 'p. seemed cheaper'n bail money...
LOL, that is funny.
@miniam (9241)
• Bern, Switzerland
It`s an expensive habit and hard to kick, im a smoker, it cost $8.60 a pack!!!!! drives me crazy,some days it cost more than food l need for a full day.(if/when l eat leftovers)
with that price I would have to chose food over smokes.
It is a shame that quitting could not be the result. Some just cannot quit, or care not to, despite all the help out there.
I think some think they can beat the disease and not give up anything.
This is so sad that your husband went back to smoking.
@CsyAbby (84)
• Xiamen, China
It is lucky for us, my husband dont smoke.
@theBlock (2619)
@andriaperry Good for you for quitting. And good for you for saving money!