Music Festival tonight

@topffer (34160)
France
Every June 21st we have a street music festival everywhere in France. Everyone is invited to play in the streets, and there is a group of bearded little brats that started at 7 pm to play a horrible hard rock with a lot of larsen at 3 houses from mine, so I have decided to emigrate, but for the moment I have not been very lucky. I took first a beer with a friend met in the streets at the terrace of a bar. I don't know what was the more remarkable between the guy singing ACDC with shorts or a red haired waitress smoking cigars. There are groups in every street, some with quite no public, some more interesting. The best one so far was a funny group of punk rock(photo at the bottom right), but this post would probably be deleted if I was giving you the lyrics of their songs. I don't know who they are, but I noticed 2 professional movie cameras filming them. The brats in my street are continuing their noise and there is not only larsen now, but also a few groupies screaming. Horrible. I have to flee again. How is your evening so far ?
The music festival was in Lugano, only 25 Km north, but far enough not to be annoyed by screaming groupies and larsen. For the moment we are safe and quiet.
@topffer (34160)
• France
You have also a music festival in Switzerland on June 21st ? The idea is great. It was not the best timing for me, but as it is only once a year, I cannot complain.
@topffer Many Swiss cities have a music festival on the first day of summer. During summer there is important jazz festival in Ascona, I think it's worth a visit.
@ladyduck what is Larsen? @topffer mentioned it, too. I studied French five years and never heard of this festival nor do I know what larsen means!
@Inlemay (16559)
• South Africa
AC~DC - I hope they did them justice - nothing worse than copy cat music being horrible. I would have loved to see that all in the streets of Paris.
@topffer (34160)
• France
I was in Paris for the first ones in the 80's, but it was less popular than today. Large cities are now paying good artists to play for free, and you can hear many interesting concerts on June 21st. A few groups were also probably paid in my city, but my city is not rich.
@Inlemay (16559)
• South Africa
@topffer which city do we find you in?
@topffer (34160)
• France
@Inlemay I will tell you in a PM if you want to know. Or better : PM me your address, I will send you a postcard.
Our night is a whole lot quieter than yours. My goodness, the groupies would get on my nerves with the screaming.
@topffer (34160)
• France
The sound system was very bad and I did not realized that the group had changed. I saw them later and if I had had a few years less (at least 30 years less), I might have whistled like the wolf in a Tex Avery cartoon : the singer was a woman wearing a black leather bra showing an ample bosom completely tattooed with Gothic tattoos. I thought that I was a bit too old to take a picture.
@topffer It doesn't sound like a good sight to see.
@topffer (34160)
• France
@Susan2015 I had not my glasses, so I cannot detail the tattoos, but the sight was globally not bad.
@epiffanie (10466)
I've never been to a Music Festival .. I wish to go one day.. My youngest son and his friends go up north once a year to attend ...
@topffer (34160)
• France
You have not missed a lot of things : this music festival is mainly intended for amateurs. If some are good, a large part should better stay at home.
@epiffanie (10466)
@topffer ahahahah!! .. you made me laugh hard .. my son would never tell me the truth about these festival they go to because I would probably say to him how foolish to travel that far and spend that much for nothing .. ahaha!
@topffer (34160)
• France
@epiffanie You should let your son live his life : it is an occasion to party and meet people when you are young, and you don't want to have your parents with you.
@topffer is there a special reason for this date and music festival?
@topffer (34160)
• France
All I can tell is that it has been decided by a minister of culture in the 1980's that the first day of spring would be a free amateur music festival in France.
@topffer oh that was the decade I did most of my studying of French . But then my teacher at the time never went to France Seriously! My college teacher studied there!
@topffer (34160)
• France
@Marty1 Maybe he went to Canada and learned Canadian French? I learned Latin, and I regret to have never met a Roman of the 1st century BC.
@Platespinner (16520)
You just gave me reason to appreciate the peace and quiet of living out in the country. I enjoy music, but not excessively loud, and not offensive lyrics (I know, I'm a bit of a stick-in-the-mud when it comes to some things).
@topffer (34160)
• France
I lived a few years in the countryside and I appreciated the peace, but it was sometimes a bit too quiet. We cannot have everything and this festival is only 1 day/year so I cannot complain. I also dislike offensive lyrics most of the time, but these ones were funny, and I think that it was a group paid by the city.
@topffer We live to a number of mid-size cities and are within an hour and a half of two large cities so whenever it gets too quiet we can always go visit elsewhere.
@topffer (34160)
• France
@Platespinner I was at half an hour of a large city, in a small village. Each time I was spending the evening in the city, my neighbors were asking me where I was the following day. In a city nobody cares where you are spending your evenings.
@Marcyaz (35670)
It sounds like fun except for the goupies screaming as I would not like that. We live out in the country with no close neighbors so we don't have anything like that to disturb us.
@topffer (34160)
• France
I realized that they were screaming for another group than the one that I had seen earlier. But the sound system was so bad that I did not realized that the musicians were not the same.
@Marcyaz (35670)
@topffer Oh how funny that is bet you were surprised to find it was another group.
@Drosophila (16711)
I just got back so knackered
@topffer (34160)
• France
You could have stopped in France for this June music Festival, and you would have been really knackered.
@Drosophila (16711)
@topffer hahaha.. ya sounds it
Finally here in my area about 10 minutes, there are weekly concerts outdoors in the park continuing through Sept 1st, I look forward to about seeing some new bands between now and then . . . Good for you enjoying the Music Festival -- who were some of the bands ?
@topffer (34160)
• France
There are also a few concerts in the park near my home. I have put one in my diary to not miss it next month, by a brass band. There is a program that I found today, but I did not knew any group : it is mainly a day for amateurs to show their talent, and they are often playing for the first time. There are also good musicians teaching in a music conservatory that we have here and playing for fun in local groups. Speaking of brass bands, I saw a good one at midnight, where all saxophones and clarinets were played by women.
@topffer I love to see new talent get a break in the music biz ! Thanks for sharing and enjoy yourself
Music festivals are fine, but not too close to where you live.
@topffer (34160)
• France
They were installed near a restaurant which is usually closed at 10 pm, but yesterday they stopped at 2 am.
@topffer Oh sheesh - not much sleep for you then,
My evening was a lot better than yours was.
@topffer (34160)
• France
It was not difficult. I usually like this festival, but I might change my mind if I have a concert of hard rock every year near my new home.
@JESSY3236 (6538)
That sounds like fun though.
@topffer (34160)
• France
It is fun usually, but the timing was not very good for me this year, and my neighbors stopped their concert only at 2 am.
I love street music fests. Wish we would do more of them here.
@topffer (34160)
• France
This one is mainly for amateurs. All are not good, but there are all kind of music, and I do not miss it
Whoa sounds hectic. I can see how that would be annoying. We have a few festivals throughout the year including a big art one that just passed.... there are so many people everywhere. And od course everyone is drinking and stirring up trouble!
@topffer (34160)
• France
Yes, a lot of people are starting to drink early and there were a few drunk people screaming after midnight. The concert in my neighborhood stopped at 2am. I was back at home at 1am, and I finally opened the windows to hear the concert, as I could not sleep.
@rakski (16300)
I attended once a French music festival here in my country years back but it was not as bad as your story. Probably because most of those who performed here were not as hard rock as back there. more of acoustic if I remember it right.