Wow you have to use your real first and last name on upwork? what the hell is that ?

@EddieHands (37800)
So I am joining upwork. But i don't wish for strangers to know my real name. I suppose it would be fine as long as I don't need to put my real pic or real middle name. The less people know the better. I suppose they would still see the real name when they send me my money. I am not sure I will join. Maybe I'll give pay per post a shot first! Anyone have any experience with upwork?
@rina110383 (24069)
I used my real name but just initial for my surname. Well, that's how they do it. It's a legitimate site. In fact, you will be asked to fill out tax forms since you live in US. I never encountered a problem using my real name in Upwork. I was paid for every project I did.
@EddieHands (37800)
Ok sounds good! I will do that. But do I have to put my real picture also? I am just shy that is all. I can put my real name. Can I just put initial for last name? I hope so. I will sign up and try it either way tommorrow.
@rina110383 (24069)
@EddieHands I placed my real first name and initial for my last name. You can tick that option for the name that will appear on your profile. I used my real photo for my profile. Others do the same thing. Besides, if clients will interview you via skype, your picture and the person behind the camera must be one and the same.
I haven't seen or heard this site. Is it like myLot?
@EddieHands (37800)
It's different. It's where you can find work and clients.
@EddieHands I hope it will work for you.
That made me laugh. I understand though. I could just imagine the look on your face while thinking that. No I never heard of the site.
@EddieHands (37800)
lol yes I don't really want to give my real name. So I am kind of worried about joining.
@irishidid (8734)
They probably want you to use your real name for tax purposes.