Reading Inferno by Dan Brown.

Chile
Ever since I became a widow, many books I want to read depend on whether people I know have them. Books are way too expensive for me to buy. The day I stayed at my daughter´s house, I checked my 12 year old grandson´s bookshelves. Sure enough, there were mainly those sagas I did not want to read. But almost hidden I noticed a book that was not for his age. It was Inferno, by Dan Brown. I got it and asked my daughter where had Vicente got that book. She didn´t know what it was and thought that his father had bought it foe him. I said I would confiscate it for 2 reasons. First, because it was a grown up´s book. And last but not least, because I wanted to read it. So here I am. And when I told Claudia a bit about what it was about, we decided to take the real Inferno, Dante´s Inferno, to our vacation together. I read it a long time ago and went to a seminar about it. It is time to refresh my knowledge. I know that Dan Brown´s book will probably be just a bestseller, but he is a good seller book writer. So I have literature for my vacation.
• Walnut Creek, California
So far, I've only read one of Dan Brown's books (I forget the title--it was made into a movie), but I really enjoyed it. Oh yeah. It was The DaVinci Code.
The Da Vinci Code was very interesting. I think (by what I have read so far) that it was much better than this one. Still, it is fun to read.
• Walnut Creek, California
@marguicha Glad you're enjoying it somewhat. I'll do another Dan Brown book when I have some beach time.
@TheHorse Dan Brown is perfect for the beach
I have read Inferno and it is pretty good. Nothing naughty there for a 12-year-old.
I don´t say it´s naughty. But the question is, will he understand it? I will read it first and decide. After all, I have had a life long love story with language and literature.
@marguicha I was reading adult books at an early age.
@JohnRoberts So was I. But I was not the typical girl. I preferred books to toys and learned to read at 3 years old. My grandson reads a lot, but his choice of books is the normal choice of a 12 year old.
@responsiveme (18580)
good reason for confiscation .Inferno by Dan Brown has been recommended By@Lady Duck too. I should read it soon. I buy a lot of books from an online secondhand books site. They are not second hand or spoiled and dirty but actually 'not sold' stock.The owner is very nice and also searches for books on my list.
We don´t have that here. We do have second hand books though and I didn´t mind buying them years ago. But they don´t have recently edited books.
@marguicha I love searching for books in second hand markets whenever I go for holidays. I've discovered many treasures.:)
@responsiveme I know. I even have a book of poems by Sir Walter Scott and a copy of the Quijote with drawings from Doré. All was sold in a small amount of money.
@baman7987 (111)
I guess you should try E-books. They're convinient, easily available and mostly free. Never let finances bother your hobbies again.
I just bought a tablet. That is exactly what I want to do with it.
@marguicha though not much legal , yet copyright material is also available over there. Try downloading books via torrent sites.
I havent read Dan Brown yet but I have been meaning to. I recently bought Dantes Inferno but havent opened it yet. Glad to know its worth reading. Let me know how the Dan Brown Inferno is! Enjoy your reading.
Dan Brown´s books are good bestsellers. You will not find the depth of Dante´s Divina Commedia. But all of his books are wonderful vacation books.
It's a good book. You will love it for sure. Have fun reading it.
I will
I am glad you found something you want to read. I haven't read it. We have so many books at the library, I will never run out of something to read.
I have many many books too, but some times I want to read something that is more light.
@bunnybon7 (37984)
• Holiday, Florida
yes i have read a few of his books. not sure i remember that one though.
I have read several of his books. The one I like best was his first one, The Da Vinci Code.