I blame it on my genes!

pinterest
@Genipher (5140)
I am totally mixed up. Some might even say I'm crazy. And I think I've figured out why... It's my bloodlines. My daughter is the one who brought it to my attention. She was asking invading questions like, "What is our ancestry like?" I couldn't evade her persistence. I had to tell her the cold, hard facts: Our family is a bunch of mutts. The closest "pure" bloodline I can track down is my Great Grandma (who, at 99 years young is, amazingly, still alive). Grandma is 100% German. That makes me a measly 1/8th German. Add that 1/8th to the 1/16 Polish, 1/16th Irish, 1/16th Indian, and 1/16th English; toss in a smattering of Italian and, POOF!! You've got ME. See, I told you I was mixed up! And, sadly, my children have an even more diverse lineage. That means they'll be more confused and unpredictable than I'll ever be. Be afraid! Be very afraid!!
@zarlamain (24527)
Now, that makes me wonder about my ancestors.
@Genipher (5140)
Seems like it's getting harder and harder to track down our family trees...
@zarlamain (24527)
@Genipher Yes, I hardly know much about my ancestors.
Sounds familiar. I always tell people I'm crazy and that they should be really afraid of me but they don't seem to heed my warning.
@Genipher (5140)
And now you know why you're crazy...it's your bloodlines!
@responsiveme (14688)
I say "khicdi"...a dish made of all sorts of things thrown in together when people ask me about my lineage. India has diverse races and I'm a by product of the diversity.
@Genipher (5140)
Oooh, if I could pronounce that I might use that term instead of "mutt"!
Well, I am also a mixed up person.lol
I'm only boring English and Welsh that I know of. My daughter is adopted from India so at least she is interesting!!
@Genipher (5140)
So you have a pretty clear-cut idea of what kind of blood runs through your veins, eh? I know for our family, it's getting harder and harder to pin-point our roots. Our kids will be able to say, "I have a drop of this and a drop of that..." My grandkids will probably just say, "I'm human."
@FayeHazel (17164)
Lol, I like the graphic you used too -- I think it is unfair that bandaids are white color... even though they work for me -- what about all the other people