Muffin the Watch Cat

@Raelove (16810)
Saco, Maine
Now that the weather has warmed, I often open the kitchen window during the day, as Muffin loves to sit or lounge there. She watches whatever is going on out there, including, of course, the squirrels that keep coming close in search of food. A few moments ago, I saw her get very interested in something that was just under the window. When I went out to look, I discovered that it was a chipmunk sitting right in the middle of one my plant pots. I planted something in there awhile back, but it never grew. So there was no harm done. The little critter sat there long enough for me to get off a couple of shots of it, then it snuck out of the pot and tried hiding behind it under some leaves. I could still see it, though, and it was so amusing to realize that it thought of itself as invisible. I just could not get mad at the idea that it had invaded one of my flower pots. Just seeing its cute little face peeking out at me from its "hiding place" really made my day complete. Photo Copyright@2016 Rachel Lovejoy
@Hanyouyomi (1943)
• Dallas, Texas
So a chipmunk ate your growing plant and hid in the flower pot...? Interesting.
@Raelove (16810)
• Saco, Maine
It didn't eat the plant. It dug around in the dirt then hid in the pot.
• Dallas, Texas
@Raelove Well with a cat watching it, I can't imagine why it would hide.
@Raelove (16810)
• Saco, Maine
@Hanyouyomi It hid when I went outside. It was cute to see it peeking over the edge of the pot.
It is very cute. I saw a very cute little chipmunk in my back yard a few days ago. Mildred my cat sends her best regards to Muffin and hopes she enjoys her window watching.
@Raelove (16810)
• Saco, Maine
And Muffin says "Hi," or rather, "Meow" to Mildred. I love that name! This chipmunk is so tiny, and last night, it was outside my back window with its cheeks just packed full of seeds. So cute.
What a cutie! Nice surprise, huh?
@Raelove (16810)
• Saco, Maine
It certainly was!
@Teep11 (7094)
It appears chimpmunks are maying rounds. Someone else mentioned about their cat bring a chimpmunk on their porch. Chimpmunks are adorable.
@Raelove (16810)
• Saco, Maine
Yes, they are. And so much fun to watch.
What a cute little creature. My pony used to think it could hide behind a tree but it poked out each side and of course its head was visible as it would watch to see if I was looking.
@Raelove (16810)
• Saco, Maine
The innocence of animals is one of their most endearing qualities.
It sure is a cute looking little thing. That is a great picture.
@Raelove (16810)
• Saco, Maine
Thanks. It was a lucky shot, as I expected the little chippie to run away.
You got an excellent shot of that sweet creature! Thanks for sharing this one!
@Raelove (16810)
• Saco, Maine
Another lucky break, my friend. Sometimes I think I'm charmed where taking photos is concerned. Thank YOU for liking it.