Helping a friend move - 2nd Wednesday

@ElicBxn (60894)
Should be 3rd, but I had to take the first one off because of pain. However, I think I'm nearing the end. Maggie went to the rehab place yesterday, so she's out of the way. Today I canceled her cable/internet/phone service and arranged to have what medical equipment picked up that I can have picked up. I need to make sure that the other stuff is theirs, else I'll have to have them pick that stuff up by the other group. I want to get Salvation Army to pick up the furniture, except for a couple of pieces. I'll have to call them tomorrow because when I called them today it was too late to talk to those people. Tomorrow morning, when it is almost cool, I'll unload the car, again. This time I have several bags of clothes and stuff and will probably have to run them through the wash before I can store them. I put another 4ish hours in, with the last hour and a half with the gal who's been helping me. I swear she did as much, or nearly as much, as I had done before I picked her up. Because she was doing that stuff, I could do the one job nobody else can do, and that's go through the paperwork, including old stories that Maggie has written. I managed to get the paperwork down from 5 boxes to 3, and only one of them stuff, the other two are magazines and comic books. There's still more to do, but at least I'm seeing an end to this, and before the critical 29th, since I will be out of town on the 30th when her lease ends.
@MsTickle (24994)
So Maggie is not well? I haven't been able to keep up with your doings Elic. There is so much work to be done and I simply can't figure out where you get the energy to achieve all you do. You are such an incredibly good friend.
@ElicBxn (60894)
No, a doctor told Maggie to stay off her feet to prevent them from swelling and she went to bed. Now she can barely get out of it, even though she's lost some weight. As to where I get the energy, I have no idea. I will say that if I didn't have help, I'd still be digging out her closet I think!
That's an awful lot of work.
@ElicBxn (60894)
Your right! And I've been having a hard time convincing her that I can't store it all. To put it another way... it took 3 days just to deal with her books and I found more video tapes yesterday!