Posting from my work place.

Quirk of scheduling leaves me with an hour before my shift starts. For these occasions I love this cheap tablet/keyboard combination. I can myLot, surf the web and even write complete articles. I treat it like a miniature laptop. My oldest has a once a month injection at the hospital clinic. Today was the day. I got dropped off at the drugstore downtown so that I could walk through the Sackville Waterfowl Park for some exercise and meditation. The photo was taken with my tablet at one of the entrances. I believe these purple flower spikes are Lupins. They grow wild all over this part of the province and come in a number of colours. From white through the purple shown here. More rarely I see reddish ones. It's nice to be able to use snippets of time that would otherwise end up wasted.
I hope everything is well with your son. I used to take books when I had doctor´s appointments, but now it is much easier.
He is doing pretty well. The medication is to control schizophrenia. We hope there will come a time when he can do without.
@koopharper Meanwhile it is important that he takes his meds. He can live a wonderful life with meds. Only yesterday I heard about a Nobel prize who had schizophrenia.
@marguicha I do wish there were better programs available to help him. He is a great deal more intelligent than they are used to dealling with. We are doing the best we can though and I think he has a bright future.
@annierose (18021)
I do that most of the times. When I get burnt out from paper work, I use few minutes to post something in here. I hope your daughter will get better soon. I am not sure if we have those flowers in the Philippines as I haven't seen even one yet. Those are pretty flowers.
I don't remember ever seeing them grow wild like this before moving to this province. There are a lot of them in season.
@annierose (18021)
@koopharper Do they have smells?
@annierose Yes, but to attempt to describe it without having my nose in one just isn't going to happen for me.
@zarlamain (24874)
That's some beautiful scenery.
The Waterfowl park in Sackville is beautiful. I have enough photos to put together a slide show. Just have to get around to it.
@zarlamain (24874)
@koopharper Awesome! Very beautiful!
Do you use free wifi? I am thinking of getting a tablet for doing mystery shop reports when I am not at home and have extra time between tasks.
We're a restaurant with free WiFi. That is how I'm connecting with the Internet.
@koopharper That would be what I would need to do also.
@skysnap (18045)
i usually don't get much time from workplace to post.
I only have time if I have to wait for someone to pick me up.
@skysnap (18045)
@Hari101 (1132)
• Chennai, India
It is a beautiful picture though. Hope your son is doing well. My wishes to him.
There is so much natural beauty around us here. I wish we had more time to pay attention to it. Son is doing fine.
Yes, I believe that those flowers are indeed lupins.
Thanks. I've had confirmation from several sources. They are very pretty when they are blooming.
• Walnut Creek, California
Lupins was my guess. They grow in the fields here in CA in the fairly early Spring. Where in Canada are you? I forget!
New Brunswick and they are common here.
Lupins are/were grown by farmers here and now come up on their own in lots of places. I always try to have a book with me so I don't waste time.
That might be how the Lupins ending up growing all over the place here.
The photo you tried to post must not have shown up. I've had problems with getting photos to post on mylot lately myself. I love when I have spare time being able to come to mylot and earn money as well!
I'm having trouble accessing something to reduce the size of the picture from this location. I'll add it from home tomorrow if I can't get it to work before then.
@acelawrites (12519)
It is a good combination indeed, so nice to use a tablet and a keyboard for posting ideas as it comes to your mind. Your photo did not show up.
I don't do well writing with just my thumbs so this little keyboard is a blessing. Good thing I inherited my mother's long skinny fingers. My dad could never use this. The picture won't load and I haven.t been able get around it yet.
Yes, if one has a bit of time, it is nice to use it for something that is entertaining and a bit profitable.
It's nice to be able to access and interact on myLot from where I am right now.
Now that more places are offering free wifi, it can turn time to waste into time to be productive.
That is the theory behind the genius. If I ever go on another bike tour this set up is going to be able to come along.