Thank you Price Adjustment, we got back $130 + Macy's Furniture Experience

With my shopping experiences, I believe it is very important to know the price adjustment policy at the stores you shop at. At Macy's Furniture, they give you 14 days from the day your item gets delivered to contact them if you find your purchase at a lower price. I thought we got a pretty good deal on our mattress. Our Sealy mattress retailed $1,400 and we paid $888 (including tax, recycling fee & free shipping. If we spent under $787 there would be a shipping charge of $85.) Now, our mattress is on sale for Fourth of July special to $677! However at that price, you wouldn't get "free shipping" so technically you have to add $85 + recycling fee and taxes, so it comes out to be a difference of about $25 bucks savings. BUT since I had already purchased with the free shipping. The sales associate didn't price adjust delivery costs so we got $130 back! Yay This is a win/win situation for us!!! Stalking our Mattress daily on the Macy's Website definitely paid off. The price sure does fluctuate. After we purchased the price went back to retail, then a few days later Monday, I noticed the price drop. I submitted a request online and the next day, a sales associate from Macy's called me notifying they are going to refund the difference and I should see the credit in my credit card statement within 6-10 business days! Overall: It was a breeze with Macy's customer service. I did not have to spend long wait times to get my money back. I just submitted the claim and they contacted me. Tip - Check price adjustment policies and always check to see if your items go on sale after purchasing! I was lucky a few months ago to get some money back on a weight set I bought my boyfriend for his birthday too! Do you ever do price adjustments?
@zarlamain (24140)
I have never done this before, but that's awesome how you are able to save some money this way. Good for you!
Thank you! I have done price adjustments on a few items already!
@zarlamain (24140)
@infatuatedbby Your welcome! Next time, I'm going to have look into price adjustments at the stores I shop at and see if they are available.
@zarlamain Last time I got $50 back for my boyfriends weight set.
I have never used price adjustments, but I will now, thanks to you! Job well done my friend!
These big companies play yo-yo with their prices! Just 4 days after the mattress delivered, price drops!
@Mike197602 (13395)
• Worcester, England
I don't even know if we have that here as I've never heard of it.
Really! You should see if they have price adjustments
@Mike197602 (13395)
• Worcester, England
@infatuatedbby looks like big shops do but i've never done it
@Mike197602 You should
Recently I had my internet bill adjusted. I actually asked for a waiver of the two whole months that I wasn't able to use my internet due to their own fault. It was granted of course.
That is good the Internet company waived 2 months for you! I hate speaking with Internet customer representatives. I get more unfriendly ones than useful.
@infatuatedbby There's a company here called Smart and PLDT who have useless customer service rep.
@toniganzon I have had angry calls with my local internet provider! I don't want to deal with the hassle of changing companies, having no internet, installation fees, installation, etc.
It's good that they did right by you.
Yes, I am very happy the price adjustment was fast, within 2 days. I have to wait for an update on my credit card as that takes 6-10 business days.
That is great that you got some money back. That is always a good sign. I do price checks all the time between stores to save money.
That is great you check as well. Saving money is awesome, takes one extra step but it's simple.
@MGjhaud (20798)
You really are the best when it comes to this. i now know who to tag here in case i need help haha..
I love finding good deals
No, I just buy things whatever the price. My girlfriend does that, but I really don't pay all that much attention to it.
My boyfriend doesn't pay attention either. I guess this is the girls duty.