Friday for the 2,940th time (roughly)

By JJ
Olney, Illinois
So I started to title this 'Friday (Again)' and then had this thought - 'I wonder how many Fridays I've experienced?' Adding numbers for leap years and such, it appears to be 2,940, or possibly 2,941. I'm not awake enough yet to try to figure it exactly, *sips coughee* But I'm getting there! Much cooler this morning (thankfully), in fact Scar actually let me get an extra 30 minutes in before he began singing The Song of His People. Looks like the overwhelming news today is Great Britain said 'Bye-bye EU'. I was kind of curious how that would turn out for them. Got Foreigner's debut album spinning...used to listen to this all the time back in the day, I forgot how much I really like this one. Work has settled down a bit, we only have 20 orders out for this weekend, so I am able to work at a more relaxed pace...still a good deal for Boss since each order is $325.00 Hauling a bit of the sound equipment out to the park tomorrow afternoon, a couple I have known for several years are finally 'tying the knot ' (noose? ) and I'm donating the sound system for their wedding 'gift'. The bride and I have exchanged a few messages about the ceremony, she has a special thing lined up with a horse and carriage and stuff...I asked her 'But what about the Unicorns and Giraffes?' so that has now become somewhat of a private joke between us in conversations. Anyway, g'mornin' myLot...good to see y'all...again. *raises coughee cup in salute*
this is Foreigner's "Long, Long Way From Home" of their self titled album, enjoy
I have had a few more Fridays than you have. I hope the wedding is great. We have one of those loud, talkative cats and the last few days he has been ignoring us. Now I miss the noise because I am worried about that sudden change?
• Olney, Illinois
I always get a little antsy when Scar changes habit patterns
@JolietJake I know. It is very worrying. He is acting scared of everything too. He seems perfectly healthy otherwise.
• Olney, Illinois
@paigea I hope it isn't anything serious
I hope that wedding is a smash and everyone has loads of fun. So Scar yeowwzes, I'm lucky none of mine have ever done that.
• Olney, Illinois
That dude is loud. I really need to put the camera next to the bed at night so I can record a video of him screaming at me in the morning.
now that would be fun to listen to @JolietJake Is Scar part Siamese? A friend of mine had a Siamese (many, many moons ago) who was very vocal she called it kitty opera.
• Olney, Illinois
@rebelann He doesn't appear to have any, he just likes to talk. We have lots of conversations.
I love Fridays since i started working many years ago . It gives me that night where i can sleep so late at night and oversleep the next day . And that also goes for Saturday. But not on a Sunday night though .
• Olney, Illinois
I do my usual 3 AM wake up on weekends too...Scar says time is valuable.
@JolietJake So how many hours is your sleep each day ?
• Olney, Illinois
@SIMPLYD I usually end up with 8 or 9 total because I normally take a nap in the afternoon
Good morning. I could have used the Scar in our back yard this morning, you'll have to read my discussion for details, but I wasn't impressed! I'm thinking that my investments will probably take a tumble this quarter due to the vote in the UK.
• Olney, Illinois
Yeah, just saw your discussion...that heron is a bit large, it might intimidate him some...but probably not
@JolietJake As much as I don't want to admit it he is really beautiful when he flies away from you, when his wings first open you can see how mammoth an animal he really is.
@pgiblett (6603)
I love Friday, especially those whose date is the 13th - a great date. Not sure the UK-EU decision is a good one (although that was technically made on a Thursday).
• Olney, Illinois
I have undeniable proof Friday the 13th is bad luck...my Mom was born on Friday the 13th, and it was bad luck if she found out I'd been misbehaving
@pgiblett (6603)
@JolietJake Maybe for you, but for me, like her, it is a good day.
@Lucky15 (33450)
Oh..scar is really growing up ;)
• Olney, Illinois
Yesterday was a bit rough on both of us from the heat
@Lucky15 (33450)
@JolietJake i was like.who is la wiki? Haha
Just wondering why your write coffee "coughee"?
• Olney, Illinois
Just one of my 'trademark' things...don't remember why I first did it years ago, but it's become one of my 'things'
I hope you'll take a photo of the horse and carriage for me. The horse is the important bit - not the carriage. No need for distractions like people. Poor woman - getting stuck with a bloke. Didn't someone warn her?
• Olney, Illinois
There may be sumo wrestling at the reception (seriously)...I just wonder how bad she'll whip him?
@koopharper (6291)
You're ahead of me on the Friday count. Love Foreigner. Been awhile. Gonna be a great day.
• Olney, Illinois
Seems like when I am flipping through the 'F' section of the collection I get sidetracked by the Foghat and Fleetwood Mac selections...my Foreigner gets ignored until I suddenly go 'Wait a minute...THAT one!'
I had no idea the affect on america would be what it was over that.
In this last Friday of June we are no more alone, another country joined in the club of Outside Europe. For a moment I thought they would have stayed.
@LoriAMoore (4798)
I grew up on Foreigner, Steely Dan, Kansas, Emerson, Lake & Palmer, et al
• Olney, Illinois
Same here, I never could develop a taste for ELP though, I had several of their albums and just couldn't seem to catch the groove so I sold them