How would you decide....

If you were helping to raise a little child and had different parenting styles how would you handle things. When I give snacks I cut up fruit and place it on the table along with carrot sticks. It's loved and adored and eaten with a big smile. When the mom gives snacks it's always candy and cake. I have yet to see a fruit or veggie given. Dinner is always something out of the can. That is not the only thing I have been holding back on. I know for a fact that it will be a sad day soon if things don't change. I had to be honest about the parenting style and felt bad ever since. Not for speaking my mind but because of the distance I feel I need for myself not to grow angry. I am not perfect by any means of the word. I just feel children need to be taught better in order to do better. I don't want to be involved any more. I will always love everyone but it can only be me that gets hurt in the end. Everyone tells me to keep doing as I been doing. But,in the long run it will hurt me.
@Kinnian03 (193)
Can the mom afford to get nutritional food? Atleast a decent home cooked meal? And youre right... kids do need to be taught better to do better... when i was a kid.. my momma used to do the same thing she was never home.. and if she was shes drunk, and it was always canned goods, i hated it sooo much this is why i never get any canned goods ever now lol This is also why i try my very hardest to feed my nieces right its been hard since fruits and veggies here are so expensive. I atleast make sure they have a decent warm home cooked meal when they get home from school so they can do their homework. Parenting is not for everybody my momma was awful at it but i thank her for it... i grew up valueing alot of things. If youre taking care of someone elses kid... the best thing you can really do is teach or make the kid see your way so he or she can adapt it you could also try talking to the parents but 90% of the time they never really listen infact they get offended by it even when youre trying to help.
That is what I have noticed and since I will be the one emotionally in pain I need some distance from people. it's the only way to protect me in the end. It seems people are going to do what works easy for them in the long run.
@sharon6345 i know...ive seen that here way too much the best i can really do is bring the kids some actual food i tried helping a friend ones cause the kids were just eating junk foods all day and she was to busy playing cards and drinking.. i gaved money to the kids so they can buy food and some school supplies but later in when i left i found out my friend took the money smh i was so mad cause i was trying to help her kids, i had to distance myself before i go in too deep.. it was heart breaking.
@shivamani10 (11188)
• Hyderabad, India
One needs lot of patience. This is not an easy job.
I would also agree.