facefools on facebook

By JJ
Olney, Illinois
I'm hoping this isn't going to start up again, but I saw one person post it today. People on facebook just share stuff as if it is Honest Gospel Truth without ever bothering to check anything about it for facts. It doesn't matter that when they joined facebook, they agreed to certain terms...including "When you publish content or information using the Public setting, it means that you are allowing everyone, including people off of Facebook, to access and use that information, and to associate it with you." Right there in the terms. Trying to then post something like this on your profile, and thinking it gives you any rights, is ridiculous. Not to mention neither the UCC, or the Rome Statute, has anything to do with making posts on a public forum. But people don't go and read those either. They just copy & paste it and think all is good. *bangs head on desk* Anybody got any aspirin?
@Mike197602 (11998)
• Worcester, England
I don't go on FB. BUT, now with my new job my boss apparently communicates with people via FB so I have to join the group that has been made for staff in our shop. I think my first job won't be lasting long as the boss is a pr1ck and he's too gutless to say things to me...anyway that's for another time. Don't believe anything you see on the net without 3 decent sources confirming it...that's a good rule to have.
• Olney, Illinois
Hmmm...I wonder if I can create three sources to prove I am a woman?
@Mike197602 (11998)
• Worcester, England
@JolietJake if you're a celeb I bet I can find 3 tabloids that say you're a transexual
@sulynsi (2806)
I need an Advil, not because I am banging my head but from trying to understand the post!
• Olney, Illinois
The photo of text is what people are posting on their facebook profiles
@sulynsi (2806)
@JolietJake yes and reading through it gave the headache,...... You rarely confuse me..... Although there is something about being a beautiful woman.... I take a myLot sabbatical and the weirdest things happen!!!
I have long ago stopped banging my head over idiotic posts. However, I have shook my head in disbelief so often that the marbles are now dislodged and rolling all over the floor.
• Olney, Illinois
THAT must be what I tripped on earlier...
@JolietJake oh so that's where that one rolled to!
@nomus24g (10293)
Ohh...this has already started & people are blindly copy-pasting it on their FB profile...how dumb can one get, they don't even read through before posting...some feel its really cool to do so... I mean how does UCC come to rescue if the jurisdictions are completely different & Rome Statue....aah!! How can people b so dumb
• Olney, Illinois
It was going all over the place a year and a half ago, I figured it was worn out by now
@nomus24g (10293)
@JolietJake So, it re-surfaced again....i just dont understand, whosoever started this, how does he/she gets benefited !!
@yugocean (3244)
As per reports, this message was first used in 2013, and it is still going on; however it is not the first or the only hoax either, you do not need aspirin, best way is to start playing boxing.
@zarlamain (22792)
Well, there's a newly coined word - facefools. I'm sure you have a patent on the word though!
@tzwrites (2169)
Ahhhh, this thing again? I was so sick of this post and now people are posting it again...
@shivamani10 (6089)
• Hyderabad, India
Most of the people are hating FB. and they are leaving and are not turning up again. Always I hear them is 'you have got 99 notifications', which I do not care at all. Very boring. At the same time, we waste our time spending on the time without any monetary benefit. The site not even planning any innovative measures. All people who post are experts in COPY PASTE. After watching for an year I slowed down visiting the site itself.
I know, those things go around SO often. I got a novel idea, if you dont want to see it reposted in it's full glory later, NEVER POST it to begin with
That is something to think about. I get some things on my wall I wonder about.
Surely a pretty girl like you wouldn't worry their pretty selves about such stuff?
@acelawrites (8617)
I agree, some people on FB just copy and paste and post it thinking it is true without first verifying it. Too bad situation for spreading lies.