No More Zoo for You Michael Hackenberger!

Well, well, well. Ya just never know when your animal abuse will be caught on video. Canada is home to Michael Hackenberger and his Bowmamville Zoo. Mr. Hackenberger probably wouldn't have viciously whipped one of his tigers if he had known that the camera was rolling. Mr. Hackenberger also has a big mouth, and those words with which he expressed the fun he has abusing animals was caught on video too. Now, because Hackenberger was outed for animal cruelty, his Bowmamville Zoo will no longer be in business. Hackenberger will also face legal trouble for his love of abusing animals. No mention of the crime the tiger committed that resulted in the tiger being brutally whipped. No mention of why the tiger was given a life sentence without possibility of parole either. Venues that use animals to entertain humans should be avoided by all. Everything may look humane on the outside, but the inhumane treatment is rarely seen, unless the cameras are rolling. Patronizing venues that use animals to entertain humans just keeps the doors open and allows animal abuse to continue. One rarely sees the abuse that goes on behind the scenes, unless cameras are rolling. You are one sick man, Michael Hackenberger! Public Domain Photo by Dave Pape, Associate Professor, Department of Media Study.
A PETA eyewitness has caught the owner of the tiger used in Life of Pi, Bowmanville Zoological Park owner Michael Hackenberger, on video viciously whipping a...
@pgntwo (21735)
• Derry, Northern Ireland
I couldn't watch the whole video, sorry. Sounds like someone who deserves to have the book thrown at him, hard.
@nanette64 (17682)
• Fairfield, Texas
I couldn't watch it all either @pgntwo . That SOB needs to be beaten with a whip; see how he likes it.
I did watch it, and just wish I had been there to stop it. I would have needed help, but would have done my best to stop that evil.
I watched it. Heartbreaking is all I can say.
Only one word, he deserves the same treatment, disgusting man.
Hope he has to pay big time for this.
@Corbin5 I hope too, I cannot stand the humans who abuse animals. They must be punished in a way that can be a lesson for all those who simply would think to do the same.
@wittynet (4131)
@LadyDuck I agree! One article says he's one of the top trainers in the world. I can't imagine how other trainers make the animals perform in front of many people. Maybe they also do such horrible things.
I'm glad that they caught this A__hole and I sure do hope they catch all of them. I also wish parents would stop taking their little ones to watch those poor whales and dolphins used to entertain us at places like SeaWorld, those sea creatures need to be allowed to go back into the oceans they belong to.
Yes, even today, children, and not parents, are refusing to go to Sea World due to the viewing of the documentary Blackfish. Kids have kinder hearts than adults, and it is the adults who take their kids to cruel venues.
Killer whales at SeaWorld are looked at and the truth about their conditions and abuse are shown in the new documentary, BLACKFISH. Director Gabriela Cowpert...
I can't watch these videos @Corbin5 they'd just make me cry and I'd rather not cry, Ally wouldn't understand. I'm glad that kids are showing how kind they really are, it's heartwarming.
@rebelann Yes, it will be the children who make progress in the area of animal rights. A kinder world it will be thanks to the children.
@akalinus (17273)
Good job catching him. I hope he is never allowed to have animals again.
Things are getting so much better for animals since humans are more aware of the abuse and want it to stop. No more using animals in labs that test products in the USA. The bill was signed by the president just a few weeks ago.
@vandana7 (66037)
I wonder how he treats his wife and kids.
@vandana7 Brutally I would think.
@Marcyaz (35651)
I wonder how Michael Hackenberger would like to be whipped like he whipped his animals. . I consider a person like this less than a man.
Yes, he is a sub-human.
@Marcyaz (35651)
@Corbin5 How can anyone be so cruel to an animal I have never been able to understand. Sub-human is right.
@nanette64 (17682)
• Fairfield, Texas
All I want is 5 minutes with that SOB @Corbin5 . That girl holding the leash needs to be brought up on charges as well.
Well, you and I as a team, even though we are not as strong as we used to be, could beat on this guy. Better yet, we could convince some big, strong guys to beat both of them up. We will stand back and cheer them on!
@nanette64 (17682)
• Fairfield, Texas
@Corbin5 That would be the highlight of my life. I want to bring that kitty home with me.
@nanette64 You are the best mama to kitties in the whole wide world!
Oh I hope he gets the full brunt of his actions come back to him..that is the height of cruelty .
It certainly is beyond our imagination that someone could delight in doing this.
@Shiva49 (13385)
Some people think they can get away with such, they are sadly mistaken! siva
@Shiva49 Yes, no longer can the abuse of animals be hidden from the people.
@Asylum (48278)
• Manchester, England
That is outrageous and whatever penalty he received it was too lenient.
A judge in, I believe in the state of Oregan, made a major move in declaring a beaten and emaciated dog as a "living being" rather than "property." Progress.
@Asylum (48278)
• Manchester, England
@Corbin5 The judge was completely right. If we choose to '"own" an animal then we have a responsibility towards it.
@Shiva49 (13385)
@Corbin5 I feel if we have a soul other species do have them too - siva
I felt sick watching that. I wish that guy could get the same treatment he meted out to the tiger. Thanks @rebelann for suggesting this - I've been out all day and hadn't seen it.
It is a sickening sight to see, but we all must be aware of this type of cruelty in order to fight for change.
I agree with both of you @jaboUK and @Corbin5 but I have to admit I could not watch the video, I've seen too many of them on facebook already and these people make me sick. I felt it was important that everyone know about this so that more nature lovers can be made aware and hopefully one day animals will have survival rights. It has to happen if our planet is to survive.
he is a baddddd boyyyyyyy
Yep, Miss Ruby will be very angry if she sees this!
@RubyHawk (26716)
• Atlanta, Georgia
I double and triple that comment.@amadeo
That is one sick man to abuse wild animals. I hope he gets a big fine and jail time.
I am going to follow this and see what happens to him. Will let all know.
@vandana7 (66037)
@Corbin5 .. Please let us know.
@vandana7 (66037)
I doubt if they will give him jail term. :(
People like that should be taken care of by nature--- when a tiger gets hungry maybe this hackenburger dude will be LUNCH !
Oh, I think Mr. Hackenberger deserves to suffer quite a bit for what he felt he had a right to do.
@Corbin5 being lunch to a wild feline is a really good amount of suffering, I assure you
@vandana7 (66037)
I hate even flowers plucked from the plants, and you are talking of hitting animal. Shame!
I am just pleased that more and more animal abusers are being punished for their cruelty.
@vandana7 (66037)
@Corbin5 ..They need to be. I am feeling so sorry for that animal. And him voicing it all as if he knew PETA couldn't do a thing...the nerve.
That is heartbreaking. Here about a half hour from me has an animal zoo but it is mostly ... Or all Animals that have been rescued. No animal should EVER be whipped there is never a good reason to do that.
I myself feel that holding animals captive in cages or enclosures, or animals trained to perform for humans is not something I want to foster by buying a ticket to see any captive animal made to do something or live in conditions that do not serve the animal well. The guilt is too big for me if I visit a zoo, an aquarium, a circus, etc. I need to be able to live with myself, so I avoid all venues that hold animals captive.
@Corbin5 That is wonderful that you feel that way I think. I don't think animals should be trained to perform for humans either. There is a rehabilition place about two hours from me and they go around doing shows. The animals are very well taken care of. They have things like missing eyes or cannot fly etc.
@puddleglum (1418)
That guy needs a few minutes alone with Wyatt Earp.
A Demonstration of the Virtues of Violent Resistence to Animal Abuse
Yes, just a few minutes!!!
He should rot in Hades and be whipped himself!
Yes, Doodles and Molly agree!
@LeaPea2417 (21034)
• Toccoa, Georgia
People who abuse animals make me very mad. You have heard that people who abuse animals are much more likely to abuse people.
Yes, think serial killer. They all did.
@Macarrosel (7551)
I'm so sad for the tiger being whipped by this man. My heart was aching after watching the video. I hope the man be given the worst punishment ever.
Well, he no longer has his zoo, and I bet he will no longer get any jobs training animals either.
@miniam (9236)
• Bern, Switzerland
This is sick reallly,sad that a grown man will whip an animal continuously for no apparent reason.I dont care what his reasons were.
The sad part is that the grown man delights in inflicting pain on this tiger.
@miniam (9236)
• Bern, Switzerland
@Corbin5 These are the kind of people who will torture another human being when they are sure no one will find out.
@cacay1 (33003)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
Animal Abuse is punishable by law.They have a heart to feel the pain.Animals are man's best friends.
@cacay1 (33003)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
Too much, I cannot watch the video up to the end, my heart aches terribly for pity, too abusive trainers.
I think that humans need to respect the gentle ways of animals rather than inflict harm upon them.