Taxed. Now for the rebate.

@xFiacre (10393)
Ireland
I've just completed my tax return, a task that none of us relish. Of course it's much easier here than in the USA and elsewhere, but it's still a pain where I'd rather not have one. It was all very straightforward and once I started I just zipped through it in a very short time.  By my reckoning I'm due a few hundred pounds rebate which is always a good thing, and it'll land in my bank account just in time for the trip I'm planning for October. That's what I'm hoping for anyway.
It is always good to get your taxes out of the way. Hope the rebate arrives in time for your holiday.
@pgntwo (21528)
• Derry, Northern Ireland
Oh, for sure that part of the country will keep on functioning... Deserves a nip of the Father's Day gift, I think ;)
@Macarrosel (7640)
Good to know you're waiting for the money to come to your bank account.
My husband waits until the day before taxes are due so the USA Internal Revenue Service has to wait until the last minute to get our money. He swears, sighs, and mumbles when preparing the taxes for the corrupt IRS here.
Good for you a few extra pounds is always nice. How long does it take for them to come trough?
@xFiacre (10393)
@cherganski Took about 3 months last time i think.
@xFiacre not too bad l guess. l didn't have to do any tax return this year but l might have to next year so l'm trying to stay ahead of it.
@sj3011 (641)
It gives a mental tension until you pay it off.
Not really that hard here unless you are itemizing stuff. Usually takes me about 15-20 minutes at the most.