Why Do People Want to Look Younger?

When I see ads of miracle creams that make someone look 25 at the age of 40, I just wonder why should someone need to do so? I have turned 30 a month ago and I enjoy the level of maturity I have achieved with age; I never want to go back to 25, neither do I want to look 25. I like the fact of aging because people will pay attention and respect to me, I will be able to express and establish my opinion more clearly and boldly. Why are some people afraid of aging?
Older people in this country, the USA, are often ignored or discriminated against. Also, I do believe vanity has a lot to do with trying to look younger too.
That is really unfortunate :( .. It is just the opposite in India. When seniors commit some mistakes, we cannot easily criticize them due to their age..
@arundhatiwriter In the USA, seniors are taken advantage of. It is a sad thing here. They are often ignored too. My dad is age 95, and my sister and I make sure that he is respected by all. Your country is well-known for the respect and care given to the elderly. The USA needs to follow India's lead.
@Corbin5 This is indeed a bad practice, I must say; but Swami Vivekananda traveled to the USA only to spread our philosophy...probably the Americans have forgot him!
@Shiva49 (7173)
I also feel some are obsessed with looking younger. I never worried at all to look younger and agree it is better to look our age. I tell my friends they are more worried about their physical appearance than what they put in their mouths! If we are comfortable with ourselves then others too will feel relaxed in dealing with us - siva
I also use some beauty products, but I use them only to keep my skin clean and soft, that's it; i like the fresh feel and fragrance. I never expect to look fairer or younger. If some people hate me for having some spots, unwanted hairs or pimples on my face, I really don't need them in my life!
@Shiva49 (7173)
@arundhatiwriter It is self-confidence that matters and also to look presentable - siva
@Shiva49 right.
@shivamani10 (6089)
• Hyderabad, India
Nobody wants to become old when there are ways.
@sj3011 (643)
Everyone want to look young.
• Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
I guess aging reminds people that our time on earth is limited
Well, that might be a valid reason; but it is an inevitable truth.
• Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
@arundhatiwriter Exactly! very well said! Have a blessed day!
@shivamani10 (6089)
• Hyderabad, India
you are looking young only. I do not know the reason for using a cream etc., ?
Let's reverse it. How would you feel if you were just 18 years old and yet you look 40? Does looking old at a young age make you feel respected?
Well, say that again when you become older and with fine wrinkles appearing already . For myself , i want to look younger because all my officemates are so much younger than me . So looking young would not make my age so obvious .