That wasn't fun

@sallypup (30128)
Moses Lake, Washington
Takes just a second to change the world. I was on the front deck, calling to Beau Teak to come in. I had the front door mostly closed. I heard the door moving behind me. I turned and there was Sonny J, big boy kitty, prying the door open cause he wanted outside. Just that quick I realized he had outsmarted himself. One of his front claws was caught tight in the rubber bottom seal of the door. I can't kneel these days. I held Sonny and his 16 pound furry bulk still and called to my poor hubby- he'd been trying to nap. He came over very quietly so as not to startle and upset Sonny. He managed to wiggle the claw free but for a few breaths it looked like we could have been dealing with a ripped claw. (We are not into declawing cats.) Sonny J. shook himself and stalked off for a snack when he was freed from the door.
Smokey used to get his claws stuck climbing my curtains and, I had to do that.
Im short and our cat managed to get her claws st u ck up close to t he ceiling and I had to get my hubby to untangle her He managed to get a couooe o f claw marks as the cat panicked.
@sallypup (30128)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@TRBRocks420 Poor Smokey kitty.
@sallypup Not declaw him. I would never do that, just help him get his claws out of the curtain.
@pgntwo (22751)
• Alanya, Turkey
Not quite another life spent ;)
@sallypup (30128)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@pgntwo True. Sonny should have some of his nine lives still.
• Eugene, Oregon
He kept his dignity despite the inconvenience.
@sallypup (30128)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@JamesHxstatic True. How odd for a cat to be almost out the door to freedom then not out!
• Walnut Creek, California
Is Beau Teak a parrot?
@sallypup (30128)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@TheHorse Beau Teak is a Siamese cat. I rescued him from our horrid animal shelter. I wanted to call him Teak cause of his heritage. Hubby said then hey, why not Beau Teak? (We both are writers and play with words.)
My daughter's kitty wanted to claw the grandma chair but she got her claws hung. It made her mad, and I think it slowed down that clawing reflex. I am glad Sonny got freed with no further injury.
@sallypup (30128)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@GardenGerty I know it is messy but I keep a cardboard box plus floor scratching posts around cause the cats tend to scratch and beat those up more than chairs when the messy others are available.
we never declawed our cats either we did not think that was right to do.
@sallypup (30128)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@Hatley Look at your own fingernails and keep looking till you get to the first joint. That's how much nail bed needs to be taken out when a cat is declawed. Barbaric and yup, painful.
@josie_ (8012)
16 lbs. is a big cat. Good thing it manage to stay calm in his situation. I wouldn't want those claws accidentally scratching me.
@sallypup (30128)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@josie_ Sonny is huge for a cat. He also has a very mellow nature when he is with his people. He often pats me and keeps his claws nicely in when he does.
• Otis Orchards, Washington
I know cats like to pretend nothing bother them.
@marsha32 (6684)
Our cats have gotten into quite the predictaments getting their claws stuck too.