People Are More Interesting Even than Dogs and Cats

Garden Grove, California
Im really feeling sorry for Huong now as she appears really confused and bewildered g uess the racist Vietnamese did something to upset her so she went to the end wall where extra chairs are this morning and sat there., Finally Christine told her t o come sit in her old place so she came back and went through her routine of rearranging all our stuff. T his time I did not care as she looked for awhile like she was okay. At lunch she went through the same routine and I tried to be really friendly as she seemed really troubled.She is acting a lot like my old roommate Katheryn so I have to believe she is either experiencing senile dementia or 'Alzheimer disease. We need to remember that she cannot really help what she is doing as either disease messes up the brain so we need to be \good to her. I can get use to her obsession with rearranging things if it will 'take that awful bewildered look off her face.Those diseases are tragedies waiting to change intelligent people into travesties of themselves. sad so sad. One original post by P Hatley copyrighted 2016
How sad about Huong. Those diseases are awful.
yes it s 87 out ajd the poor wo man has on four thick jackets lol sad yes very sad
@Hatley ....That is so sad.
It has to be heartbreaking to witness the struggle that Huong has to endure. It is wonderful that you show her compassion and make an effort to befriend her.
yes I went thru this with my old room mate I lovedd that woman and she really'changed so her sisster had her moved to a facililty that handled slzheimer and senile dementia patients. she was belligerent to me and I onow she did not mean t
@Hatley I read that there are two kinds of dementia, friendly and angry. My mom had the angry kind. She would yell and throw things, but medication did calm her down a lot. Dad's dementia is just forgetfulness, but he does get a bit agitated at times.
it also seems like it might be annoying but does no harm
no its gher way of helping others so we just go with the flow she hurts nobody adn it seems to make her happy
Good that you tolerate her and understand her.
thanks I understand as I watched my roomie change from a wonderful intelligent opld l;ady to a almost witch b ut she felt bad when she had done something sort of wiltchy
You are very kind Patsie, though it must be difficult at times.
she really does not hurt anyone so let her wait on us if it makes her happy
It is sad what dementia does to people.
yes if opnoy they could hfind some cures or prevcntions I know keeping the miond acitve does good fdor a lot of us but some are getting dementia in the fifties and sixtles weird
@jeanena (1616)
• Bucklin, Kansas
I wish more people were as caring as you are.You are right about how people can be changed by these awful diseases,most people out there just don't understand. You are a wonderful lady you know!
thanjks Im just so grateful that I have a ceal mind as I see people just sort of ] disintegratwe.
• Marion, Kansas
Hatley you have a kind heart and good manners. We should all be the same.
thanks I try and I felt bad because er constant rearraring things annoyed me buit she is a humana being scared and lost so we must remember that.t
@acelawrites (10929)
Aging people fear it; and good if all the people around can understand the situation. That's what I was saying to my sister when my late mother acted differently; I explained it could be due to alzheimer's disease.
It really does change people so much and its sadas theredoes not seem to be any thing that they can do for it. My roommate Kathy had it andd she lovedme but she got so she was belligerent to me then would apologize and cry. so ssad.
@suziecat7 (3399)
• Asheville, North Carolina
It's wonderful that you and others are being kind to her. So what if she rearranges things? If it makes her smile....
Yes indeed as long as she does not have that heart breaking look on her face I do not knowjust what a person with senile dementia feels but it has to be sort of scary,