Movie Review - Independence Day - Insurgence

Green Bay, Wisconsin
The sequel to the original Independence Day has some familiar actors, among them, Jeff Goldblum, the man who played his father, the stripper who played Captain Hillar's wife, the man who played President Whidmore, Brent Spiner, and a few more of the original actors from the first movie. The movie opens twenty years in the future. There's a Madam President now, and a lot younger fleet of airmen ready to kick some alien butt. Lots of action that won't disappoint. The movie shows earth more technologically advanced than we actually are with a fully operational moon base. Rockets that have fusion drive so a trip to the moon takes minutes instead of days. An alien craft that is 3000 miles in diameter and a daredevil fleet of airmen who will stop at nothing to get rid of the new threat in their sky. Independence Day - Insurgence is a must see movie if you've seen the first movie and enjoyed it. If you haven't seen it, I recommend getting a copy and watching it before you go see the sequel. Doing so will make more sense as you watch the sequel. I give this movie full marks - 5 stars for action, plot, acting, graphics and a place in the nominations for next years Oscars. If you've seen this movie please do not give away any spoilers. If you haven't seen it, I hope you put it on your list of movies to see. I'm so glad my son took me to see this movie. I totally enjoyed it. Thanks for reading.
@CRK109 (14465)
I did enjoy the first movie. I will see this one at some point but probably not in the movie theater.
Yes definitely too expensive and loud in a movie theater @CRK109 I agree with you
@enlightenedpsych2 My son paid the entrance fee for this one. Usually I go on Tuesday when it only costs $5 and they give a free popcorn with admission.
@just4him we have not been to a movie theatre in decades since almost all we want to see makes it to cable, eventually. Hope you are enjoying the remainder of the 4th of July celebrations !
If we don't get to see this at the theater, we will rent it. I loved the first movie and have watched it several times. Your review makes me want to pay the money to see it in a theater. Can't wait to see it.
It's worth the money to go see it.
@Micmac (8464)
I've added this movie to my watch list. It sounds really awesome. I've enjoyed the first one and watched it many times. Nice review, thanks.
I hope you get to see it soon. Awesome movie!
I look forward to seeing it.
@salonga (28016)
I have not seen it but I am interested to give it my precious time.
I have not seen this movie yet, but now it's on my list.
No , i haven't seen this movie yet . And from your rating , i am sure it will be something i will truly like . It is now in my list of must see movies .
I will wait until the DVD comes out.
@sj3011 (631)
Waiting for this movie to realease in India.
We are going to see it sometime in the next week I think
@polaris77 (2028)
• Bacau, Romania
I haven't seen this movie yet, but your positive review certainly raised my interest about it, so it is definitely high on my list of movies I have to see as soon as I can!
@tech40 (9260)
Wow 5 stars shows the movie is a good one.. I wish I could watch this but my girlfriend don't like to watch this
Awww another movie that poses the alien life form as a threat to humans, ugggh ! Thanks for sharing though, I liked the first movie, don't think I'll watch this one though
@mom210 (6762)
• Atlanta, Georgia
I think we are going to go watch it next weekend. I love the old one, we still watch it every Independence Day. To bad they do not have Will Smith in it, I loved his character in the old one.
@responsiveme (16052)
Glad you enjoyed it. Sounds action packed. My son went to see it on Sunday. We watched"Eye in the Sky", Helen Mirren.I enjoyed it.
This is literally the only good review l've seen for this movie. Are you being serious or joking. Genuine question. l couldn't tell!
I have seen the first movie and loved it. Little disappointment regarding Will Smith not being a part of the movie. I saw the trailer and it seemed that they overdid the first one, so I will just wait for the DVD to released to watch it ....
@Teep11 (7059)
I've seen the first one and the movie was pretty good and I'm sure Insurgence is as well. The theaters will be packed.
@Dramista (545)
Also watched the movie. Did not disappoint :) Despite all its cliches and the presidents awesome speech, it was awesome :)!!!!!
@durgabala (1362)
Thanks so much for the review, planning to watch it soon.