Life isn't like the fairytales we heard as kids is it.

Banks, Oregon
Life isn't like those wonderful fairytales, television shows and, movies we saw as kids is it. I am not trying to complain or be negative or anything, but I have been alive for 34 years now and, well I am just speaking from experience, even as I start to write this, the dreamer is telling me don't worry someday things will all work out how you dreamed of and, everything will be perfect, but we know it won't. Why can't it, because people we love pass away and, go to heaven, people we know, become people we used to know, even people we loved can become strangers, if that wasn't bad enough things change and, we usually have to do tons of stuff we hate. Don't get depressed though my friends, even with all that, there is still a lot of good things, probably still more than bad things most days and, if you're lucky someone you love will always be there and, some things won't change, also the best part at the end, we do get to go to heaven or live on a perfect Earth someday for eternity, which is much longer than life is, unless science figures something out, which would be great.
@annierose (18021)
It is true that life is not a bed of roses. It has its ups and downs, dark and bright side. But it is still up to us to how we want to view life. As for me, it is full of surprises. Life knocked me down when my father passed away. I cried days and nights. I asked why should he leave us soon. I get jealous of people who have their father. But I guess, I have to accept that our life here on Earth is temporary. People will get old and die and at times some people even die young. At present, I am trying to live life to its fullest. I am trying to avoid negativities. Instead of focusing on it, I pay attention on the bright side of life and have been doing my best to reach my dreams.
That's what I do too, try to look at all of the good things and, make the best out of it I can, but I do wish it could just be perfect.
@annierose (18021)
@TRBRocks420 We have to work for it every day. It is not easy especially when circumstance that we do not want happen. We just have to strenghten our faith in God and hold on to those people we love.
• Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
Life surely isnt, I remember as a kid wanting to grow and do adult things, now im an adult wishing I was a kid again lol
Yeah, I still live in my dream land world most of the time, but it doesn't stop life from happening, even if I pretend everything is sunshine and, roses.
Well expectations are guided by what we observed as children, I saw 'adult life' to be exciting but I was NOT in my adult uncle or parents or grandparents' minds therefore having no real comprehension of how being older really was . . .
• Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
@enlightenedpsych2 I understand its about what we perceive as children
Indeed it isn't like that . It's filled with challenges that we have to hurdle . Though , with a God who we always talk to with , we will survive and succeed . Just we be determined .
Amen my friend and, very well said.
@TRBRocks420 Thank you .
@cacay1 (33203)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
That is true, life is that way , but despite hard we can still see bright clouds.
@sallypup (28507)
• Moses Lake, Washington
I'm a lot more stable emotionally now that my so called relatives are on my Don't Call Me list.
That doesn't control messed up things from happening, but it cuts out some annoyances I suppose.
@sallypup (28507)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@TRBRocks420 True. I just do not have to be in the middle of it. Life can flow on over there without me. Feels good.
You really hit the nail on the head this time!
Thank you my friend.
@cacay1 (33203)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
What makes you say like this friend? Is there something that disturbs your life this time? By the way, this is life we have to enjoy and fight for.
Yes there is many things that disturb my life and, I will fight the good fight. I know we win, but I will never understand why it has to be this way.
I am grateful for the small handful of people in my life I can count on who love me for who I am; as far as looking forward to going to heaven, well that is doubtful
If I didn't believe I was going to heaven. I wouldn't see much of a point.
@enlightenedpsych2 You're entitled to your opinion, but I certainly don't believe it. I am going to heaven to live forever with the ones I love.
@TRBRocks420 okay but I think I will do ALL I can to enjoy my loved ones now rather than wait to 'maybe' see them in some fictitious religious-based place . . .
@VivaLaDani13 (22030)
• Perth, Australia
@TRBRocks420 I could feel your emotions when reading this. And you're so right. As we get older we kinda see the world for how it really is and what life is about.
Yes but I still try my best to dream everything is possible and, have fun like a kid.
• Perth, Australia
@TRBRocks420 Good way to live I think. Being too serious and worried can really take a toll on us.
Sometimes it's hard to hold on to dreams when so much time goes by. I feel the same way. Gotta keep dreaming though!
@TRBRocks420 Yeah, I wish we could change things like that.. :-(
@sj3011 (631)
I agree real life is hell.
You got to go through hell to get to heaven they say, but we should make it the best we can.
@cacay1 (33203)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@TRBRocks420 That is true why aspire to live eternally in eternal fire?It must be in Paradise with the beloved Lord.
You are correct. Life is definitely not like those fairy tale tv shows especially the love ones, totally fake. Not reality!
Yeah we just have to look at the good things.
@PatZAnthony (12970)
• Charlotte, North Carolina
The tales told to children are usually so wrong! But, no adult would want us to hear at a young age what things will really be like
You ain't just whistling Dixie there, sad anybody has to know it lol.
@RubyHawk (29196)
• Atlanta, Georgia
Life is hard, and we must do the best we can to have as happy a life as possible. We can usually look around us and find someone worse off then we are. We can only be thankful for what we have and help others when possible. You have a good attitude.
Yes, it's very hard, we just have to try to stay positive and, fight the good fight.
Today I am happy that the sun is shining and it just seems to make life easier
Glad to hear you are having a happy day.
@acelawrites (12285)
That is the best way to look at life; be positive in all aspects because we will never be forever on earth. So live happily and contented with whatever you have.
Amen my friend, just love and, make the world the best we can.
There is a lot of sadness in life that is true. I have to work hard to deal with it and find what happiness I can. Take care. I think the fairy tales taught me, there is a lot of evil out there (mainly step mothers - LOL) . And it made me want to make sure I am always on the side of Good.
There are plenty of good things in the world - you just have to seek them out sometimes.
Yes, there is plenty of good things. I never said there wasn't, but there is plenty of bad too, that you have no control of and, it happens, no matter what you do.
@Lucky15 (33698)
Thanks for this TR :)
You're welcome my friend :)
Yes things look much better when you are a kid. I would say never stop dreaming, dreams are inspiration, dreams are the storybook of what could be, dreams are an escape when the world has you down. I've learned to look at all my experiences as learning lessons for life. Sometimes we don't learn the intended lesson the first time so we must experience somethings more than once.
Yes, I try to live in my own dream world most of the time.
@responsiveme (16816)
You're right life isn't a fairy tale, that's because it is real .There are bad days and good days and we need to get through. Cheer up .Its a wonderful world with all its imperfections.
Yes, there is good and, bad.