White Legs!

Wearing knee high boots and shorts isn't a good idea if you like tan legs in the summer. It has been the sunniest and most glorious month of June that I can remember. However, wearing boots and standing in the sun has left my legs white compared to the rest of me. I'll tell you, it gets pretty boring while Doodles, the cat, waits for Chippy, the chipmunk, to make an appearance, but he loves to chase him. He hasn't caught him and never will, since he is too slow. Thank goodness. Later, I'll be working on tanning my legs. I love wearing summer dresses and shorts and think my legs look better tanned. Do you? It's gorgeous out!
The best way to tan legs is to wear flip flops. But still, donĀ“t forget your sun block.
I have to wear boots in the yard, especially when the grass is wet and full of critters. I'm in flip flops now and always wear sunscreen.
@DianneN Good! Ata girl!
@boiboing (12879)
• Northampton, England
@DianneN critters? Do you mean........snakes? I'd be in fisherman's waders if I thought there were snakes in the grass.
@responsiveme (18580)
Glad you are enjoying your summer.Great photo. Here people are more bothered about not getting tanned. In fact I'm waiting for the days to cool down before going for my swimming classes.
@responsiveme I have a Thai daughter-in-law, and she feels the same. She likes to be as light- coloured as possible. Going out in the sun makes her go really dark.
The grass is always greener somewhere else. I understand.
@jaboUK My son had a love affair with a Thai girl he met in Singapore.
@UncleJoe (11450)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
I stopped wearing shorts when my grandson told me that it looked like I was riding a chicken!
Lol! One thing I'll never have are chicken legs!!!!
@UncleJoe Hahaha. Your grandson does have a good sense of humour.
@hostessman (10314)
• Tucson, Arizona
I hope you get your legs tanned some how. White legs are no good...
No good is right! Lol!
I enjoy the sun but burn easily so I don't tan much. Have fun sun bathing and getting those gorgeous legs tanned
Well thank you kind lady! I always wear sunblock, but won't overdo it. I still burn!
@Marcyaz (35589)
Knee high boots and shorts both now I would like to see a photo of that. lol I think tanned legs in shorts looks better also. Nice here also.
My husband told me that I look like a lion trainer since I also carry a big stick with me. All I need is a safari hat.
@Marcyaz (35589)
@DianneN Now I would like to see a photo of you in that lion trainer get up.
@Marcyaz I'll bet you would! Lol!
Typical cat. When not snoozing, always vigilant, always on guard for his "prey."
Typical for sure. He chased a mole this morning. That's his joy in life.
@DianneN I wish our cat would chase the mole! he did terrorize the poor chipmunk who took up residence in a garden decoration. the cat was reaching in and the chipmunk was trembling inside just keeping out of the cat's reach. It looked just like a cartoon of a cat reaching through a mouse hole. Anyway hubby helped the chipmunk escape. He is still around, but the cat doesn't seem to go looking for him.
• Hamburg, Germany
@DianneN sorry but I am new here, I don't know how to use this blog
@salonga (27956)
While the ladies here in our country are working hard for whiter legs, you are doing the opposite lol
So I've been led to believe. You have been blessed with a natural tan!
@salonga (27956)
@DianneN Just as you are blessed with naturally white skin!
@Macarrosel (7535)
We love to see white legs here. Although tan is beautiful but many people here spend thousands of money to make their skin white.
Yes, I know that some darker skin people want lighter skin. Do they bleach their beautiful skin?
@Umesh_K (679)
Lol!!!! Wish you happy white legs!!!! Use good amount of sunblock
Ahahahaaaa! Thanks and always slather on sunblock.
I enjoy the sun too.But it's so hot in these days.I stay indoors in the daytime.
When it's hot, I bring out a fan and plug it in on my deck. The breeze blows away insects, too.
@ida123 (6230)
• Cagayan De Oro, Philippines
@DianneN, we have different likes and outlook. Most Filipino girls do love white skin and me too, I love a fair skin when I was younger but we can't change our skin because we live in tropical area, so we are already tan and brown. So good luck of your dream by tanning your legs friend.
I understand. The grass is always greener somewhere else.
@Lucky15 (33669)
Doodles got a playmate that he can never touch. Lol
Lol! That is true, but he does touch the nasty moles that he finds. Ick!
I never get a tan. I know some people still think tanned skin looks healthy, but my dermatologist would disagree. I am fair skinned and keep my skin covered to protect it. I leaned to do this after blistering a small spot on my chest when I was only 13. My skin stays white all year long. I wear long sleeves, long pants and hats. I wear sunscreen on the few exposed spots. My doctor said my skin is a dermatologist's dream. The way I look at it, better safe than skin cancer. To each his/her own, Diane.
I have been using sunblock for years and go for yearly checkups at my dermatologist. My skin isn't as light as yours, for sure. My plastic surgeon yells at me all the time, but is happy I use sunblock. I'm certain your skin looks great after all the years you have been protecting it. But as you so subtly stated, to each his/her own, Elisabeth.
@DianneN Yes. Some people prefer to be tan, others don't really care. I just hope you are safe and live a long time, tan or not.
@ElizabethWallace Thank you. The same to you.
@LoriAMoore (4702)
I agree that tanned legs look better, but ever since my melanoma, well actually it took a few more years' convincing, I try to stay out of the sun.
I don't blame you. You appear to have very light skin in your photo. I hope you get checkups frequently.
@ilocosboy (40647)
Okay, then it should be tanned legs, he he. Some people prefers white legs, especially in my country.
My skin color is probably much lighter than yours. You would be appalled if you saw my legs. Lol!
my legs are all ready tan.Did I tell you have good legs Good luck with the tanning.
When and where have you seen my legs, Alfredo? Lol! I'm happy your legs are nice and tan.
I agree, the legs look better tanned, I am also working on this, I love to wear summer dresses and this is what I wear almost all the time.
Summer dresses are so pretty and so much cooler than pants or capris. I'm sure your legs will tan nicely with all the gardening you do.
@DianneN I do not tan easily, my skin is fair, but I am doing my best. My niece wants to convince me to test a Spray Tanning, it should last from 3 to 7 days, the time to tan. I am not sure, all the time I tried self tanning it was a disaster.
@LadyDuck No, don't do it!!!! I did it once before we went to Hawaii so I would look tan on the beach. It looked great after I had it done, but the sand rubbed it off my feet and partially up my legs. It looked awful, so I scrubbed it all off. Then again, I don't think you'll be at the beach. Perhaps you can try those gradual self tanning lotions. My friend is very fair, and uses it. She doesn't look orange either.
@shivamani10 (11168)
• Hyderabad, India
High boots do not look good and advisable as you said. When you wear shorts the most stylish will be light weight sports shoe. This goes good in combination of weist length top...to give an appeal and gives the appearance of Tall.
Lol! I know that! I modeled and taught modeling. I only wear the boots in my yard when walking the cat.
@shivamani10 (11168)
• Hyderabad, India
@DianneN : Then it is O.K.
@acelawrites (12768)
It is the reverse thinking here; many Filipinas wanted a white skin! Hope you can get tanned legs this sunny month in your place.
So I have heard! Lol! Thanks.