He wants to quit working

@carebear29 (28585)
Wausau, Wisconsin
So my husband has been complaining about his job since one of the machines broke his arm and his arm hasn't been the same since and is now talking about quitting his job. His arm works around 60-70% but he always uses it as an excuse for everything. He don't even clean the house but can jump for other people. An machine at work broke his ulna bone in his arm and it healed into a ball. This happened back in June 11, 2014. He wants to file SSI but I think they may deny him because he has been back to work for the same job since then. I told him that I didn't care what he did but he needed to talk to his bosses and see what to do 1st. No job will hire him with his arm the way it is. Physical therapy supposedly didn't help. Since he wasn't trying his therapy at home, I gave up. I am just very ticked off right now with him. He was even talking about taking his laptop back to Get It Now and dropping the storage unit to save money. I told him I give up because he never listens to me anyways. I still plan on leaving him eventually. I hate being emotional and I hate when he turns my good days into bad days because he is having a bad one.
@shivamani10 (11233)
• Hyderabad, India
Unfortunately something bad had happened. Now, what is your porposal?
@carebear29 (28585)
• Wausau, Wisconsin
I don't know yet
How does he think you are going to pay rent etc without him working. He is not thinking anything out.
@carebear29 (28585)
• Wausau, Wisconsin
No he don't/
@nomus24g (22807)
that's so unfortunate...am really sorry for you
@carebear29 (28585)
• Wausau, Wisconsin
He hasn't quit yet
@Yar_Joey (3303)
That is really awful when you live with a pessimistic person
@carebear29 (28585)
• Wausau, Wisconsin
Yes it is. I have some ideas in play
@Yar_Joey (3303)
@carebear29 He must know he has a family to care for.
@carebear29 (28585)
• Wausau, Wisconsin
@Yar_Joey Well, he isn't changing so I am slowly saying good bye
You are right to just back away because you can't change him and you know it. Less frustration for you. Maybe he is just blowing off steam and will not actually leave his job.
@carebear29 (28585)
• Wausau, Wisconsin
He just got a raise yesterday
@carebear29 Oh bummer! That rots!
Disability always turns you down first time, or just about. He needs to try, but I believe he may need to be out of work for several months before it would kick in. Did he receive any workmen's comp? It is hard to prove physical disability.
@carebear29 (28585)
• Wausau, Wisconsin
I been turned down since I was 18 and I am 31. He got his settlement already
@Mike197602 (13456)
• Worcester, England
When you've got a job it probably isn't the best idea to quit. Is he eligible for any compensation for his injury or was it his fault? Maybe while money is coming in he could retrain for another type of job?
@carebear29 (28585)
• Wausau, Wisconsin
He got a settlement already.
@DaddyEvil (24657)
• Aurora, Missouri
Hmmm... I am sorry to hear/read about this... Both for your sake and his. Has this situation finally settled out? Has he quit or did he decide to continue working at that job? (I saw where you told someone that he had accepted a settlement for his injury. That is too bad. No matter what amount the company paid him, he could have gotten more... ) How are things going now between the two of you? (Better I hope.)
@carebear29 (28585)
• Wausau, Wisconsin
I am trying to figure things out right now and how to leave and when
@DaddyEvil (24657)
• Aurora, Missouri
@carebear29 I see. I know this is really not my business, but if you are planning on separating, it is better if it is done quickly, instead of waiting and allowing either of you to build up the hope that things can be worked out. Been there, tried that. It doesn't work and just causes more stress and heartache.
perhaps he suffers from post-traumatic stress from his injury? wonder if'n the company'd paid fer such'n evaluation' n treatment. then 'gain, perhaps yer "eventually" 'll come sooner than ya planned. big hugs!
@carebear29 (28585)
• Wausau, Wisconsin
I think he does. He feels bad everyday
@carebear29 most don't consider such, but 'tis a huge trauma 'n not jest physical. i hope that he seeks some guidance fer all'f yer sakes. big hugs!
@miniam (9241)
• Bern, Switzerland
Maybe he should look for a job that he can do with his arm without being in pain.As a man with responsibilities, he can not just quit his job without finding a new job to pay bills.
@carebear29 (28585)
• Wausau, Wisconsin
That is what I tell him but he never listens
Since he never listens to your advice, it is best, I believe, to just stop suggesting things he could do. Very frustrating for you.
@carebear29 (28585)
• Wausau, Wisconsin
I have stopped.
@sugartoes (40689)
• Greencastle, Indiana
OH lord I have been there for real so I KNOW just how you feel just be patient & work on doing the things you set out to do cause the SOONER you get THAT out of the way the better your life will turn out BELIEVE ME I've been there myself.
@carebear29 (28585)
• Wausau, Wisconsin
Thanks.
@Tierkreisze (1358)
He should really relax for a bit and think of his options before doing something so big.
@carebear29 (28585)
• Wausau, Wisconsin
I wish he would just listen.
@carebear29 He never listens to you at all?
@carebear29 (28585)
• Wausau, Wisconsin
• Bhubaneshwar, India
Ignord him.. or be like you ARe living with yourself and your kid..
@carebear29 (28585)
• Wausau, Wisconsin
I always ignore him now.
• Bhubaneshwar, India
@carebear29 otherwise medidate or dance or punch pillow if get irritated..
@carebear29 (28585)
• Wausau, Wisconsin
@anya12adwi I listen to music
This sucks. Im sorry to hear this. Some people want to drag you down with them and thats really not right.
@carebear29 (28585)
• Wausau, Wisconsin
Well, I plan on leaving him anyways. He isn't going to change
• Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
Sorry your going through that, hopefully he thinks it through and doesnt make any rash decisions
@carebear29 (28585)
• Wausau, Wisconsin
He has a limited time before I move. I gave him way too many chances.
Has he ever thought that maybe his company is at fault and he may be able to sue them for his screwed up arm. sounds liklehedid mot get te p;roper c are for his injry. but again I crushed my leftshoulder years back, and had to have an artificail shoulkder joint put in and it resulted in my' losing a lot of the ability to use my left arm at all.If he went back to work that mighty screw up]getting' SSI benefits,. Yes you have got t o leave him, really,fins a j ob and let him go.
@carebear29 (28585)
• Wausau, Wisconsin
He got a settlement from his job for it. He just got a raise again yesterday
Can he quality for disability? Since he injured his arm at work and he cannot fully function it for work?