Making Good Out Of Bad Things!

Having been reading a post by @Mike197602 , I found myself being reminded of why I started Stand Tall Recovery Services, writing books and other things. He hit it on the head when he talked about how hard it is to find work when you have a record. It is hard to rebuild life after making a mistake that people don't seem to want to let you forget. While I never was convicted of a crime, I was ostracized by my first wife and felt unable to do anything right. It led to being kicked out on several occasions and living out of my car for a few days. In the end it destroyed an already troubled marriage and other aspects of my life. When I met @Susan2015 I was in a troubling place and trying to rebuild my belief in who I was. With her encouragement I finished my first book and began to look at doing something positive with the life I had. I still do stupid things but with her at my side I found myself believing that I had a purpose. If you want to see what happens with the right people in your life here is my website. What is your thought on redemption after life changing mistakes?
Bernard zeitler gambling 'how to win as a high roller while losing your shirt'
@Mike197602 (13363)
• Worcester, England
my thoughts are people should try to move past their mistakes and make the negatives a positive if possible. It is very hard as society as a whole isn't that forgiving especially if you've fallen foul of the criminal justice system. With a record for anything it is hard to move past that however much you have changed. With prison populations as high as they are in both the UK and US it is time to think why do we have such high rates of reoffending. Partly it's because of the limited opportunities that are open to ex criminals. If we want people to not offend there must be avenues open to them to better themselves and gain employment. Now I'm not saying criminals deserve more of a chance than other people as 99% of the time they/we got ourselves into the situation so why should we deserve an extra helping hand. What I'm saying is that to help offenders not go down the same route again they need more of a level playing field with regards to employment and housing.
@vandana7 (62521)
I agree. It is a tough going for sure.
Hi Bernie. I am so glad to know that someone (Susan) has made such a difference in your life friend. You deserve it. I do think that humans deserve another chance in general..of course I am not thinking of dangerous people when I say that.
@TiarasOceanView It is a process of earning the second chance by putting it out in the open.
@Berniezeitler Indeed putting it out there helps a lot Bernie.
@LoriAMoore (4841)
Thanks for the uplifting.
@LoriAMoore It lifts me up to lift others up. A hand up is better than any hand out!
@sugartoes (39283)
• Greencastle, Indiana
wow that was interesting to read about I'm glad to know you have found people that helped you recover from your past & change the way your life goes for you congrats are in order :} it's never too late to change the way things are in our lives depending on what it is we're doing.
I do wish there were some better job rehab type things, or something, for those with records, OR those who have big gaps in their employment history, what happened to letting people try? A hard honest working is still one, no matter their experience
@vandana7 (62521)
I have not been in those positions Bernie. But I will tell you honestly, I have had an uncle who was a drunkard, and another uncle who was a gambler. Because of them, our lives had become so tough that there was a time I was skipping meals on three days a week just to pay the rent in time and have enough monies to travel to college and office. So I guess, I would not have been a very understanding person. Yeah...susan2015 is basically a sweet lady. You are lucky you found somebody who is your guardian angel. :)
@vandana7 I would not be so understanding when the person is still in their addiction and unwilling to seek help. It is more giving them a chance to show others they have changed and are willing to work on it!
@vandana7 (62521)
@Berniezeitler .. I guess age, experience, and comfort / understanding levels, and adjusting nature does matter. Before coming to myLot, default all addicts were bad. Then I read some heart-breaking stories out here. I realized that I was not an addict because I did not have monies to begin with, and be in company of, and secondly access to stuff. I could well have been. So I am not something to be proud of, those who surface from it score more than me.Yeah..those who don't seek help are simply disgusting - still.
• Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
Good post and im happy Susan motivated you and help you find yourself! I always comment on her post and interact to support you guys! Have a blessed afternoon!